Plan Availability: ✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Locate: Reports > Booking Index > Booking Details > Add Payment
- Admin permissions or restricted permissions including Process Payments.
- This feature is available to both those using items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront, and those using products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Not yet on our newest version and interested in upgrading? Please contact our Technical Support team for more information.
Discover more product-related help articles here: Products (New).
OverviewBack to top
With the Square payment provider enabled and the Square Point of Sale app installed on their device, Staff can start a payment from their mobile browser, and then complete the payment through the Square Point of Sale app. This is supported on both Android and iOS devices.
Download the Square Point of Sale app here:
Learn more about our Square payment provider integration here:
Adding payments through a mobile browser and Square POS AppBack to top
With the booking invoice open in your mobile browser, choose Add Payment to bring up the Add Payment modal.
Select the Pay in Square App button to transfer to the Square Point of Sale app and complete the payment. If the app is not yet installed, then the relevant app store for your device opens and you are prompted to install the app.
- Choose to manually enter a credit card or gift card. If you have a reader connected, you can swipe, insert or tap the payment card. You can also choose to split the payment amount between payment methods if needed.
- Next, a tip prompt displays with preset percentage, custom, and no tip options.
- After the charge is approved, the cardholder is prompted for their signature, where applicable.
- Finally, Customers can choose how they would like their receipt: by email, text message, or no receipt.
You are then taken back to the booking Transactions tab in Checkfront where the list updates automatically to show the new payment.
Find support for the Square POS App within the following space: