Learn how to add a product closure through the Inventory Calendar.
Are you new to our refreshed version of the Inventory Calendar? Start by reading the first article in this series, Introduction to the Inventory Calendar.
The entire series of articles can be accessed at the side and bottom of this page, where you can learn more about the full management capability of the Inventory Calendar.
Which plans include this feature?
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Calendar > Item/Product > Inventory Calendar > + Product Closure
What more do I need to use this feature?
- Admin or restricted permissions to View calendars, View events and rules with Manage events and rules for Product Closures.
- Inventory (items/products) configured within Checkfront.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- Your account must have access to products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our new version of Checkfront. This feature is not available for use with items (Inventory > Items) in our classic version. → Learn more about products.
Classic ---> Newest version (2022)
This inventory calendar replaces the classic versions of the calendar.
Please reach out to Customer Support with any questions or concerns.
How do I know which version of the Inventory Calendar is enabled for my account?
Adding a product closureBack to top
You can start by adding a product closure via the +Product Closure button at the top right of the screen. This opens the Create Product Closure modal.
Product closures allow you to close off availability to your product for select dates and days. You can also apply the closures to select categories or products.
Creating a product closureBack to top
Naming product closuresBack to top
Specify the name of your product closure, for example, Winter Closure, Weekday Closure, or Monday Staff Training. This name can be changed once saved.
Selecting the date range for product closuresBack to top
Select the date range for the product closure. For example...
- Winter Closure: 12/24/21 --> 01/03/22
- Weekday Closure: 11/01/21 --> 02/28/22*
- Monday Staff Training: 02/01/22 --> 02/01/22*
*Your date range selections are combined with your schedule selections to arrive at the product closure that suits your needs.
Selecting days of the week for product closuresBack to top
Specify the days of the week the closure is applicable. You can close availability Everyday, on Weekdays, on Weekends, or according to your Custom selections, e.g. Mondays only during the select period.
Selecting products to apply to closuresBack to top
Select the products to which the product closure applies. Your options include...
- Select products by checking the box next to the product category or individual product.
- Click the Select All button to apply the product closure to all your products.
- Click the Select None button to save the closure but not have it apply to any products.
Learn more about how to set up or edit a product closure with the following series.
We look at bulk editing inventory in the following article in this series.