New to Gift Certificates? Read the first article in this series for an introduction to the Gift Certificates feature.
X Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Customers > Customer Booking Page or Booking Widget
What prerequisites are there?
- A plan that includes Gift Certificates.
- The Gift Certificates feature is activated within your account (Manage > Integrations).
- Gift Certificates sold or issued.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new, or both?
- The Gift Certificates feature is available to both those using items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront, and those using products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Discover more product-related help articles here: Products (New).
Cancelling a pre-booking holdBack to top
A Pre-Booking is a booking started, but not yet completed, by a Customer.
If the Customer has entered a gift certificate number as partial payment for that Pre-Booking, the gift certificate, including any balance remaining on the gift certificate, is held until the booking is completed.
If the Customer backs out of the booking, this hold remains on the gift certificate for 30 minutes. The Customer is not able to use the card again until that time is up.
However, a Staff member can pull up the gift certificate in the back end and manually remove the hold by following these steps...
- Select Gift Certificates from the Inventory menu.
- Find the gift certificate on hold in the Issued list.
- Click on the record to view the Edit Gift Certificate page.
- Find the Remove Manually button.
- Click to remove the hold! The hold is removed immediately.
The gift certificate on hold can also be accessed via the Account Activity log (Reports > Account Activity) by clicking on the associated Pre-Booking record and then the gift certificate number within the related Booking Invoice, as shown in the screenshot above.
Voiding a gift certificate purchaseBack to top
If a booking with a gift certificate purchase is set to the Cancelled status or has been voided, then the purchased gift certificate is also voided.
Should Staff or a Customer attempt to redeem a voided gift certificate, then it shows VOID across the preview window, and they are prevented from doing so.