Plan Availability: ✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Locate: User Name > Profile
- Profile: An Admin, Staff, or Partner account in Checkfront.
- Weekly Summary Email: Admin or restricted permission to View Reports. Not available to Partners.
- Booking Calendar (iCal) and RSS: Admin or restricted permission for RSS and iCal feeds. Not available to Partners.
- Latest Bookings (RSS): Admin or restricted permissions for RSS and iCal feeds. Not available to Partners.
- Notifications: Admin permissions or restricted permissions to Create bookings and View items, products, and assets.
- The Account Profile feature for Staff and Partners is available to both those using items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront, and those using products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Not yet on our newest version and interested in upgrading? Please contact our Technical Support team for more information.
Discover more product-related help articles here: Products (New).
In this article, we look at how to update the personal information associated with your account and manage your account settings from the Profile page of your account.
OverviewBack to top
From the Profile page, you can...
- update your first name, last name, email address, or nickname.
- add or update your profile photo.
- change your password.
- provide a mobile phone number for use with SMS notifications.
- manage Two-Factor Authentication where applicable.
- manage your subscription to the Snapshot email.
- manage your subscription to Checkfront communications.
- configure your filter settings for reports.
- manage your notification settings.
- find RSS feeds for your latest bookings.
- generate Booking Calendar (iCal) links.
Looking for information on how to configure Staff or Partner accounts? Check out the following series of articles...
Updating personal informationBack to top
From the Personal Info tab, you can configure the following.
Add a photo of yourself for internal use only. This is displayed next to your account on the Accounts page and also next to any notes you create on an invoice.
Drop a JPG or PNG image in the Add Photo section to upload or click on the section to open an upload modal.
Click the trash can icon to remove the photo from your profile once saved.
- First Name and Last Name
View and update the first name and last name associated with your account.
This is the email address to be used for your login email, notifications, and internal communications.
How do I verify my email address?
When you first access your account, you are asked to verify your email. Click on the link and an email is sent to the email address specified. Click on the link in the email to complete the validation.
Verifying your email address improves the security of your account and allows us to better support you.
This is a short, unique name, which is used in various reports, notes, and in your profile.
- Login Username
Login usernames have been deprecated. Please use your email address to log in instead.
- Change PasswordBack to top
How do I change my password?
To change your password, click on the Change Password button and follow the instructions provided in the New Password field provided.
To maintain a high level of security in your account, the new password must contain...
- At least 8 characters
- At least 3 of the following:
- Lower case letters (a-z)
- Upper case letters (A-Z)
- Numbers (0-9)
- Special characters (e.g. !@3$%^&*)
Passwords must NOT contain empty spaces.
Once you have finished entering the new password, click Save to finalize the change.
You can cancel (x) the change password process and hide the new password fields at anytime prior to clicking Save.
You can also change your password via the Forgot Password? feature.
- Mobile Phone
Enter your Mobile Phone number here if you wish to receive SMS notifications. Third-party Twilio integration is required for SMS notifications.
Learn more about Twilio here:
Updating account settingsBack to top
From the Account Settings tab, you can configure the following.
- Require Two-Factor AuthenticationBack to top
Check this setting, if you need to enable Two-factor Authentication within your account.
or SMS text code, and then entering the generated code in order to authenticate your login.
Learn more about securing your account here:
- Clear Two-Factor AuthenticationBack to top
Do you need to reset Two-Factor Authentication for your account? For example, you may wish to change authentication methods or applications.
Simply click the Clear Two-Factor button to reset your account. Next time you log in, you are asked to set up authentication again for your account, if Two-Factor authentication is required by your organization.
Admins can also clear Two-Factor authentication from your account on your behalf. Please reach out to the Admin for your account for assistance.
- Snapshot E-mail (Weekly Summary)Back to top
Optionally have a recurring Weekly Summary email report sent to your email address. The email is a 7-day summary of statistics and activity within Checkfront including...
- Number of Web Bookings
- Number of Staff Bookings
- Number of Booking Page Visitors
- Percentage Conversion Rate (learn more below)
- Number of Transactions
- Total Gross Revenue
You only receive an email if you have had bookings in the last seven days.
Use the select dropdown menu to choose the day of the week you'd like to receive this. You also have the option to never receive the email.
Snapshot E-mail Conditions
Do you wonder what the Conversion Rate in the Weekly Summary email is referring to?
The conversion rate is the percentage of visitors to your Booking Widget / Hosted Booking page that actually book out of the total number of visitors for the specified period.
The conversion rate is calculated as:
In Checkfront terms, the conversion rate is equal to the number of website bookings divided by the total number of page views of items/products on the Booking Widget / Hosted Booking Page multiplied by 100.
To find out more about website visitors and conversion rates, visit the following blog post:
- Checkfront CommunicationsBack to top
Select this checkbox, if you would like to receive service updates and announcements from Checkfront.
- Filter SettingsBack to top
Do you use the same filtered views frequently, if not daily? With this setting, you can configure whether your filter selections are saved and for how long.
- Do not remember filters. This is the default setting for accounts. Filter selections are not retained once you navigate away from the report.
- Remember last-used filters per session. Filter selections are remembered until manually cleared or your session ends and you need to log back in again.
- Remember last-used filters until manually cleared. Filter selections are remembered until you manually clear them.
This setting applies to features and reports such as the Daily Manifest, Booking Daily List, and Inventory Calendar.
-- Clear Filter
You can clear filters (x) individually within reports or clear all filters using the button provided under Filter Settings.
Filter settings are visible and apply to Staff accounts only.
- Push Notification SettingsBack to top
Be alerted via in-app notifications when new bookings are created by Customers and/or Staff.
To configure notifications, follow these steps.
- Click on the button Subscribe to Push Notifications.
- Allow your browser to Show notifications from Checkfront. This step may vary depending on your browser and system settings.
- Choose whether to be notified of New customer bookings, New Staff bookings, or both.
- Push Notification DisplayBack to top
You have a new booking! notifications display briefly once new Staff or Customer bookings are processed, depending on your settings. Notifications include the option to View the related invoice or you can navigate to the Booking Index to further investigate the new bookings.
Configuring calendar and latest booking feedsBack to top
-- Booking Calendar (iCal)
Click on the Booking Calendar (iCal) option to subscribe to Checkfront bookings through an external calendar such as Google Calendar.
Synchronization is facilitated using the standard iCalendar media type and file format (.ical) to transfer the information.
The experience of subscribing to the feed varies depending on your calendar application (e.g. Google Calendar, Apple Calendar...). Please refer to the third-party application's help articles for more information.
Learn more about our customizable External Booking Calendar option here:
This feature is not available to Partners.
-- Latest Bookings (RSS)
Really Simple Syndication (RSS) provides a quick way to view the latest bookings.
Click on the Latest Bookings (RSS) icon to open the feed. Subsequent updates are communicated through the feed.
The experience of subscribing to the feed varies depending on your feed application (e.g. RSS Subscription Extension by Google...). Please refer to the third-party application's help articles for more information.
Please install an RSS reader from your app store prior to opening this feed.
This feature is not available to Partners.
Frequently Asked QuestionsBack to top
How do I disable Two-Factor Authentication? An Admin initially required authentication, then removed the requirement? I am still being prompted to provide authentication, but the setting in my profile is not selected.
- Please reach out to Technical Support and we can help you resolve this issue.