If you operate a seasonal business and only accept bookings for part of the year, you may be interested in hibernating your Checkfront account. This allows you to keep your account open, without having to pay a full monthly subscription during your downtime. Hibernated accounts cannot process bookings, but do allow you limited access the administrative console in preparation for next season. Also, if you are using one of our website integrations to display the booking portal on your website, it will show as unavailable to your visitors while hibernating.
Hibernated accounts having the following limitations:
• Limited support.
• Cannot accept new bookings/process payments.
• Reduced backup schedule (daily vs hourly).
• Some plug-ins may be inoperable.
• No annual discount.
• Not available to trial accounts.
Hibernating Your AccountBack to top
To begin hibernating your account, log in to your Checkfront dashboard.
Please Note:Account hibernation has a monthly maintenance fee of $10 which will be charged to the active billing profile on your account. During the hibernation period, you will still be able to login to your account.
Steps to Hibernate Your Account
1. Click on your Account menu from the main navigation bar.
2. Choose Billing from the drop-down menu.
3. Select Take Account Offline from the sidebar on the left.
If at this point, you see the following alert in the hibernation window, you must click on the link labeled update your payment. This will prompt you to enter your credit card details and bring your billing information up-to-date.
After following the steps above, you will now be presented with the account hibernation screen. If you needed to update your billing information, you'll need to repeat steps 1-3 above to return to the hibernation window.
There are just a few more steps to take before your account hibernation is complete:
4. Choose your reactivation date. Please note: your account will not be automatically reactivated on this date. Rather, we will send you a reminder on the date you select and you will need to come back to the hibernation screen to manually change your account type.
5. Provide a few comments on why you are hibernating.
6. Check the box labeled I wish to hibernate this account now. Your account cannot be hibernated until this confirmation is provided.
7. Click Finish to complete the process.
Your billing profile will now be updated to reflect the fact that your account is in hibernation mode (highlighted in yellow below).
Reactivating Your AccountBack to top
You are able to reactivate your hibernated account at any time. The date you selected during the initial hibernation process is the date we will send you a reminder, but reactivation can occur before or after that date if you so decide, but the process needs to be completed manually by yourself.
From the billing screen, you will now see a button in the left sidebar labeled Reactivate Account. Click on that to proceed.
On the following screen, click on the blue Reactivate Account button.
To complete the process, select the plan you wish to activate and follow the instructions provided. When complete, your account will now be active again and ready to take new bookings.
Site Builder & HibernationBack to top
Please note, it is not currently possible to hibernate a Checkfront account that is actively using our Site Builder product and the Pause Account button will not be visible in your billing profile left sidebar.
Please contact us if you have any further questions regarding account hibernation.