Read this introduction to our Mailchimp integration, including how to find your API key for setup.
To learn more about the functionality of the Mailchimp integration, please read the entire series of articles accessed at the side and bottom of this page.
Which plans include this feature?
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Manage > Integrations > Email > Mailchimp
What more do I need to use this feature?
- A Mailchimp account created and accessible!
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- This feature is available in both our classic version using items (Inventory > Items) and our newest version using products (Inventory > Products). → Learn more about products
About MailchimpBack to top
Looking for an email campaign manager or an existing Mailchimp user? You can now directly integrate Mailchimp with your Checkfront account. Mailchimp is an email marketing service that lets you design, send, and track HTML email campaigns with simple tools.
For information on your Mailchimp account and features, please look at the Mailchimp user guides:
Integration OverviewBack to top
With Mailchimp integrated with Checkfront, Guests are asked if they'd like to subscribe to your communications when booking.
When a Customer opts in via the booking form, Checkfront automatically subscribes them to an Audience (formerly named List), and select booking form information is synced to Mailchimp. We cover this in more detail with the following Mailchimp articles in this series.
For starters, you need a valid Mailchimp account and an API key to use this extension.
What is an API Key?Back to top
An API (Application Programming Interface) key is a way for applications to connect and work with your account without you having to enter a password. Programs can then work together behind the scenes to complete tasks, such as sending communications to your contacts!
How to Locate Your Mailchimp API KeyBack to top
1. You need to log into your Mailchimp account. After successfully logging in, you need to locate your API key within your Mailchimp account.
2. Click on your account name at the top right of the page.
3. Select Account & billing from the expanded menu.
4. Open the Extras menu.
5. Choose API keys from the dropdown menu.
6. From the API keys page, you can now generate an API key. Scroll down the page, if needed, and click the Create A Key button from the Your API Keys section.
7. This takes you to the Name New API Key page.
From here, you provide an API Key Name to associate with the API key. Click Generate Key to create your API key.
8. From the Copy New API Key page, click Copy To Clipboard to copy your key for use in the next step, the Checkfront stage of the configuration. Click Done when finished copying the key to be brought back to the API Keys page.
Having more than one API key in your Mailchimp account is okay. You may have different keys for different applications.