|Please note that the purpose of this article is to describe the process of activating and initially configuring the Mailchimp add-on for use with Checkfront. If you require assistance with Mailchimp itself, please refer to their own user guide here.|
If you are an existing MailChimp user or are looking for a good email campaign manger, you can now directly integrate MailChimp with your Checkfront account. MailChimp is an email marketing service that lets you design, send, and track HTML email campaigns with a simple set of tools. MailChimp offers a free account if you manage a list of less than 1,000 users and send less that 6000 emails a month. Once configured and enabled, customers will be asked if they'd like to subscribe to your newsletter or mail list at the time of booking. When a booking is made and the user opts-in via the booking form, Checkfront will automatically subscribe them to the specified list in your MailChimp account. To use this extension, you need a valid MailChimp account and an API key.
How to Locate Your Mailchimp API KeyBack to top
First, you need to log into your MailChimp account. After you have successfully logged in, you will need to locate your API key within your account details section. These screenshots may differ in the event that MailChimp revises their website.
1. Click on your account name in the menu bar.
2. Select Account from the drop-down menu.
3. Click on the Extras menu.
4. Choose API Keys from the drop-down menu.
From this screen, you will now generate an API key.
5. Click on the Create a Key button.
6. Copy the new key to your clipboard, as you will need it a bit later during the Checkfront part of the configuration. It's okay if you have more than one API key in your Mailchimp account. You may have different keys for different applications.