Read this introduction to the Waivers & Documents feature.
Please read the full series of articles, accessed at the side and bottom of this page, for detailed instructions on each step of configuring Waivers & Documents.
- Creating waiver & document templates - naming the template and using the document editor
- Creating waiver & document templates - field settings
- Creating waiver & document templates - configuration settings
- Configuring waiver & document settings
- Previewing waivers & documents
- Copying waiver & document templates
- Disabling waiver & document templates
- Filling out, sharing, and emailing waivers & documents
- Signing waivers & documents
- Using the public document & kiosk directories with waivers & documents
- Navigating your signed and submitted waivers & documents
- Working with sent and submitted waivers & documents
- Attributing waivers & documents to bookings
- Sharing waivers & documents with Customers
- Customizing column display within your waivers & documents list
- Exporting your waivers & documents list
- Viewing the Activity Log for waivers & documents
- Starting your waivers & documents free trial
X Soho | X Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Manage > Integrations > Popular > Waivers
What more do I need to use this feature?
- A subscription to the appropriate plan (see plan availability above).
- Admin permissions or restricted permissions for Waivers & Documents.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new, or both?
- The Waivers & Documents feature is available to both those using items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront, and those using products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Discover more product-related help articles here: Products (New).
Overview videoBack to top
Waivers & documents overviewBack to top
Depending on the nature of your business, it may be necessary to require your Customers to sign a Liability Waiver or medical release form before participating in an activity. Checkfront allows you to create these documents within your account as a free add-on to Plus and Enterprise accounts.
You can create multiple documents and assign them to your items/products. You might require, for example, a damage waiver for a stay in your lodgings but a separate release of liability for your horseback adventure tour.
Waivers & Documents management (Bookings > Waivers & Documents) can be accessed from the main menu.
From the All Documents page, you can search for and review your documents, create and manage your document templates, review the document activity log, and manage your public document library or kiosk.
With the next article in this series, we start by creating waiver & document templates.