Plan Availability: ✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Locate: Manage > Integrations > Communication
- The Slack Notifications integration is available to both those using items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront, and those using products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Not yet on our newest version and interested in upgrading? Please contact our Technical Support team for more information.
Discover more product-related help articles here: Products (New).
This article is an introduction to the Slack Notifications integration, with information on how to create a new Slack channel.
Please read the full series of articles, accessed at the side and bottom of this page, to learn more about the full capability of the Slack Notifications features.
About SlackBack to top
Slack is a cloud-based team collaboration tool, enabling communities, groups, or teams to join through a specific URL or invitation sent by a team admin or owner.
Channels are created where team members communicate without the use of email or group SMS (texting). They are open to everyone in the chat, provided they have first been invited to join.
These channels can also be configured to receive booking notifications from your Checkfront account. This means, when a booking is made in your Checkfront system, the allocated Slack channel receives a notification, alerting you to the new reservation.
Creating a Channel in SlackBack to top
You may already have a channel created in Slack, which you want to use for the notifications.
If so, then you can skip this step, but if you're new to Slack and need some direction on how to create a new channel, then read on.
Creating a new channel is actually a very simple process. After logging into Slack, look at the left sidebar for the section labeled Channels.
To the right of this is an icon, depicted by a plus sign. Click on this to create your new channel.
- The first piece of information you need to provide is a name for the channel. This can be whatever you like, but it's best to keep it short, sweet, and easily recognizable. The channel name begins with a hashtag, but this is automatically added for you.
- You can enter an optional Description for the channel. This is just a description of what the channel is used for.
- Next, if you wish to keep the group private, then click on the Make private switch at the bottom. The switch turns green with a checkmark when private mode is selected.
- Finally, you can choose to share a channel outside of your organization by selecting the Share outside... checkmark
- When you are satisfied with your channel settings, click on the Create button at the bottom.
Once the channel is created, and if you wish to invite other team members to join the channel, an Add people to... window appears where you can search for them by name. This is not required and can be skipped to advance right away to the channel you created.
Slack Notifications: Setup in Checkfront >