Learn how to activate the Google Single Sign-on (SSO) integration from Integrations, including setting up User Accounts with matching email addresses, signing in with Google SSO and allowing users from a specific domain only. You can also find instructions on enabling (and disabling) Google SSO from User Accounts.
Which plans include this feature?
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
- Manage > Integrations > Security > Google SSO
- Manage > User Accounts > Account Settings
What more do I need to use this feature?
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- This feature is available in both our classic version using items (Inventory > Items) and our newest version using products (Inventory > Products). → Learn more about products
Integration OverviewBack to top
This integration enables Google SSO as an alternative Staff login method. Single sign-on is an authentication method that allows users to sign in using one set of credentials to multiple independent software systems.
Once activated, Staff (or Partners) can log into Checkfront using the Google email address that matches the email address configured within their account.
This works for businesses using Google as their email provider, e.g. via Google Workspace.
1. Activating the Google SSO integration in CheckfrontBack to top
You can start by activating the Google SSO integration in Checkfront.
- Navigate to Manage in your main menu and select Integrations.
- From there, you can search for Google SSO or navigate to the Security section of the page.
- Next, click the Google SSO listing.
- This opens the Add-on Setup modal from which you can configure the integration with your Checkfront account.
- Click on the blue Activate button.
2. Setting up User Accounts with Google SSO Matching Email AddressesBack to top
Learn more about configuring User Accounts here:
3. Signing in with Google
The integration is now ready for use!
The Checkfront login window looks like the above image with Google SSO activated.
Staff members and Partners can now log into their accounts at Checkfront using their Google SSO credentials.
Once the Staff member or Partner chooses to Continue with Google, they must enter their Google SSO email address and password and provide any multi-factor authentication required by Google SSO. The email address must match the email address associated with their Checkfront User Account.
You are automatically redirected to your Dashboard if you click the Continue with Google option and are already signed in with Google SSO.
While our mobile apps do not currently support Google SSO, Staff and Partners can use their mobile devices via mobile browsers to access our web application.
Allowing users from a specific domain onlyBack to top
You may have noticed an option labelled Only allow users from this domain in the Add-on Setup modal.
Checking this option requires Staff members to use an email address on your company domain when creating an account in Checkfront. This effectively eliminates the use of personal email addresses during account configuration.
Disabling Google SSOBack to top
If, at some point, you wish to disable Google SSO and return to the traditional Checkfront login system, then all you have to do is head back to the Add-on Setup modal and click the red Disable button. Simple as that!
Setting up Google SSO in Checkfront via User AccountsBack to top
Google SSO can also be enabled (and disabled) globally from Account Settings (Manage > User Accounts).
Enabling this setting automatically activates the Google SSO integration (Manage > Integrations > Google SSO).
Learn more about User Account Settings here: