Plan Availability: X Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Locate: Manage > Integrations > Security > Google SSO
- Admin permissions to manage Integrations.
- The Google SSO integration is available to both those using items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront, and those using products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Not yet on our newest version and interested in upgrading? Please contact our Technical Support team for more information.
Discover more product-related help articles here: Products (New).
OverviewBack to top
This Integration allows you to enable Google SSO as an alternative Staff login method.
Once activated, Staff can log in to Checkfront using the Google email address associated with their account. This works for businesses that are using Google as their email provider.
Our mobile apps do not currently support Google SSO.
Setting up Google SSO in Checkfront via IntegrationsBack to top
Activating the Google SSO integration in Checkfront is easy:
- Navigate to Manage in your main menu and then select Integrations.
- From there you can search for SSO or navigate to the Security section of the page.
- Next, hover over the Google SSO tile and click it to open.
- This opens the Add-on Setup modal from which you can configure the integration for use with your Checkfront account.
- Click on the blue Activate button (as shown above).
The integration is now ready for use!
With Google SSO activated, the Checkfront login window looks like the above.
As you can see, there are now two different ways a Staff member can log in to their account at Checkfront. They can either click on the Continue with Google button or enter their Checkfront login credentials, their Email/Username, and Password.
If the Staff member chooses to Continue with Google, then they are required to enter their Google login credentials. Once they have done this, they are taken directly into their account in Checkfront.
Allowing users from a specific domain onlyBack to top
In the Add-on Setup modal, you may have noticed an option labelled Only allow users from this domain.
Checking this option makes it a requirement for Staff members to use an Email address on your company domain when creating an account in Checkfront. This effectively eliminates the use of personal email addresses during account configuration.
Disabling Google SSOBack to top
If at some point you wish to disable Google SSO and return to the traditional Checkfront login system, then all you have to do is head back to the Add-on Setup modal and click on the red Disable button. Simple as that!
Setting up Google SSO in Checkfront via User AccountsBack to top
Google SSO can now also be enabled globally from Account Settings (Manage > User Accounts).
Enable this setting, if you need all Staff and Partner accounts to have the option to log in with their Google account.
Enabling this setting automatically enables the Google SSO integration (Manage > Integrations > Google SSO).
Learn more about User Account Settings here: