To learn more about the functionality of Gift Certificates, please read the entire series of articles accessed at the side and bottom of this page.
Setting up Gift Certificates
- Activating gift certificates within Checkfront
- Creating gift certificates for purchase
- Configuring description settings for gift certificates (category, name, summary)
- Configuring description settings for gift certificates (custom amount to expiry date)
- Configuring description settings for gift certificates (additional options)
- Working with thumbnail images for gift certificates
- Managing themes for gift certificates
- More options for translating, copying, and archiving your gift certificates
- Previewing, editing, and copying your gift certificates once created
- Viewing and editing gift certificates once created
- Configuring general gift certificate settings
- Setting up email notifications for use with gift certificates
Offering and purchasing gift certificates
Issuing complimentary gift certificates
Paying or cancelling bookings with gift certificates
Looking for information on refunding gift certificates? Check out this article:
Which plans include this feature?
Legacy: Pro, Plus, Enterprise, Flex
New: Available with Growth (Subscription), Growth (Per Booking), and Managed plans only. Not available with Starter plans.
→ Learn more about our new plans or how to change your plan.
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Manage > Integrations > Popular > Gift Certificates
What more do I need to use this feature?
Admin or restricted permissions to Manage Gift Certificates, Manage Gift Certificate Templates, and Issue Gift Certificates as needed.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- This feature is available in both our classic version using items (Inventory > Items) and our newest version using products (Inventory > Products). → Learn more about products
With the Gift Certificates integration, you can offer your Customers redeemable gift certificates that can be applied towards the value of a future booking with your business.
These gift certificates are fully customizable, allowing you to set the value - a fixed or custom amount - and determine the validity period. You can even offer a gift certificate at a discount, to be applied to future bookings at full value.
A gift certificate can be used until the balance is spent. If a Customer has a $100 gift certificate, but their booking is only $50, they still have $50 left to spend later.
There are two ways a gift certificate can be generated in Checkfront. You can issue a complimentary gift certificate and email it directly to the Customer or create a gift certificate that the Customer can purchase through your Customer Booking Page. Both methods result in a gift certificate that the recipient can apply to a later purchase.
First things first, take a look at the next article to activate Gift Certificates within your account.