Plan Availability: ✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Locate: Manage > Integrations > Email > Constant Contact
- Admin permissions to manage Integrations.
- A Constant Contact account created and accessible!
- The Constant Contact integration is available to both those using items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront, and those using products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Not yet on our newest version and interested in upgrading? Please contact our Technical Support team for more information.
Discover more product-related help articles here: Products (New).
In this article, we introduce you to Constant Contact and describe the process of activating the mailing list integration.
Please read the full series of articles, accessed at the side and bottom of this page, to learn more about our integration with Constant Contact.
About Constant ContactBack to top
“Capture leads. Share updates. Drive traffic. We deliver everything you need to build deeper relationships with your most important audiences. From email to ecommerce, SMS to social, CRM to see what’s next, we deliver tools to help small businesses grow. We deliver for you—the people who make them go.” ~ Constant Contact
Constant Contact is an email marketing platform, used by more than 500,000 small businesses to build and deliver email campaigns to their Customers. You can design, send, and track emails with a simple set of tools and an easy-to-use interface.
Email marketing is a great way to stay connected with your Customers. Last-minute deals, seasonal newsletters, and VIP offers can have a dramatic impact on your bottom line. To get started, you first need a Constant Contact account.
A free trial is available at www.constantcontact.com. Constant Contact offers competitive pricing based on the number of Customers on your mailing list(s).
Integration OverviewBack to top
The Constant Contact integration with Checkfront enables you to ask Guests to subscribe to your communications at the time of booking.
When a Customer opts in via the booking form, Checkfront automatically subscribes them to a list and select booking form information is synced to Constant Contact. We cover this in more detail with the next article in this series.
Activating the integrationBack to top
From the main menu, visit the Integrations area (Manage > Integrations) and locate the Constant Contact tile from the Email category. You can also find the integration listing by keyword search using the Search integration field at the top of the page.
Hover your mouse over the Constant Contact tile and click to open the Add-on Setup window. When the pop-up window appears, click on the Activate button.
You are now taken to the Constant Contact website where you must input your login credentials, as shown above.
After clicking the Log in button, you are asked whether or not you wish to grant Checkfront access to your Constant Contact account. To continue the integration process, you must click on the Allow button.
Next, you are taken back to your Checkfront account so you can complete the integration.
Completing the integration setupBack to top
Configure the options provided in the pop-up window and when you're ready, click on the blue Update button.
- Choose the Constant Contact List ID (mailing list) you would like your Checkfront contacts to be added to. You can use the standard General Interest list that comes with your Constant Contact account, or you can create a new one if you prefer, within the Constant Contact interface.
- Enter an Opt-in Label to entice your Customers to sign up for the mailing list. This can be whatever you like, but it's always best to keep it short and sweet, for example, Stay up-to-date with our newsletter.
- Map any Custom Fields you wish to add to your customer data in Constant Contact. These are fields of custom information that you collect during the Checkfront booking process, in addition to the Customer name and email address, etc.
To add these details to your Constant Contact Customer records, simply choose a custom field from the dropdown menu next to Checkfront field label. The Checkfront field is then automatically mapped to the custom field in Constant Contact.
In the next article, we go into more detail on how to use the Constant Contact integration.