Read this introduction to our Customers Directory and Customer Profiles features.
To learn more about the functionality of the Customers Directory, please read the full series of articles, accessed at the side and bottom of this page,
- Filtering Customer records within the Customers Directory
- Managing Customer Profiles from the Customers Directory
- Creating bookings from Customer Profiles via the Customers Directory
- Archiving Customer Profiles via the Customers Directory
- Redacting Customer Profiles via the Customers Directory
- Attaching related bookings to Customer Profiles via the Customers Directory
- Detaching bookings from Customer Profiles via the Customers Directory
- Accessing Customer Settings from the Customers Directory
- Configuring data columns for display within the Customers Directory
- Exporting Customer records from the Customers Directory
Which plans include this feature?
Legacy: Soho, Pro, Plus, Enterprise, Flex
New: Starter, Growth, Managed | Learn more about our new plans or how to change your plan.
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Customers > Directory
What prerequisites are there?
Admin or restricted permissions to View Customer List and Edit Customers.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new, or both?
- The Customers Directory feature is available to both those using items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront, and those using products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
With our newest version of Checkfront, we have added Products (Inventory > Products) as the successor to items (Inventory > Items).
Are you interested in migrating to our newest version? Please reach out to our Technical Support team for more information.
Customers OverviewBack to top
The Customers Directory is your central hub for storing Customer records. A new record is created for a Customer the first time they make a booking with you.
Bookings are attributed based on the information available when the booking is created.
- If the email address matches an existing profile, the booking is attributed to that profile.
- If the email address matches an existing profile, but not all personal information matches, the booking is attributed to the existing profile as a related booking. You can review the booking at a later time to confirm the association.
- If the email address does not match an existing profile, a new one is created.
You also can manually add a new Customer to the Customers Directory via the +New button at the top of the page. Any existing bookings with similar information are automatically associated with the new profile.
Customers Directory & Customer Accounts
Do you have Customer accounts enabled within your account? If so, the Customer Profile and bookings are associated with the account once the Customer's email address has been verified and the account created.
Customer accounts allow your clients to log in and manage their own bookings and contact information. This feature can be enabled in your account but is inactive by default. Customer accounts can be required or optional. Learn more here...
If a new Customer creates a booking and the booking status is not locked, the new Customer is not automatically added to your Customer Directory.
Learn more about Booking Statuses here:
In the next article in this series, we look at the Customers Directory, beginning with the various ways to filter Customer records.
Filtering Customer records within the Customers Directory >