To learn more about the functionality of discounts and voucher codes, please read the entire series of articles, accessed at the side and bottom of this page.
- Creating a new discount
- Uploading voucher codes for use within Checkfront
- Using Google Sheets to generate random voucher codes
- Using Groupon vouchers with Checkfront
- Sorting and filtering your discounts list
- Editing columns within your discounts and vouchers list
- Exporting discount and voucher code lists
Which plans include this feature?
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Inventory > Discounts
What prerequisites are there?
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new, or both?
- Discount and voucher codes are available to both those using items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront, and those using products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront. NOTE: Some features are not yet available with products including the Active Discounts report, discount rules, open discounts, edit columns, and the option to export your list of discounts.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
With our newest version of Checkfront, we have added products (Inventory > Products) as the successor to items (Inventory > Items).
Are you interested in migrating to our newest version? Please reach out to our Technical Support team for more information.
Discounts and voucher codes overviewBack to top
View of the Discounts list for those using Items.
The filter, search, export, and edit column features shown in the screenshot above are only available with items (Inventory > Items), in our classic version of Checkfront, at this time.
From time to time, you can offer your Customers discounts. That might be in the form of a public discount code displayed in your advertising. When the Customer enters that code at checkout, the applicable discount is applied to their total.
Alternatively, you may create a one-time use voucher code for a particular Customer.
Either way, you can achieve this with Checkfront!
Comparing discount codes to vouchers codesBack to top
This feature allows you to reduce the price of a product/item at the time of booking by supplying a unique discount or voucher code.
You may use a discount code for general promotions or to track campaigns and referrals. They are also used for creating general date discounts such as weekend specials. Discount codes may be used in your advertising and redeemed multiple times by multiple Customers.
Vouchers redeem purchased deals from syndication sites such as Groupon and Living Social (see Using Groupon vouchers with Checkfront). These codes are added to the system via an imported CSV file and are only redeemed once. You may also use a voucher code to reward preferred Customers with a one-time use special discount.
You can learn how your discounts and vouchers are performing with the following available reports: