To learn more about the functionality of Item Events, please read the entire series of articles accessed at the side and bottom of this page.
- Creating an item event (Classic)
- Sorting item events by status (Classic)
- Sorting item events by type (Classic)
- Sorting item events by category (Classic)
- Searching item events (Classic)
- Working with item event data columns (Classic)
- Exporting item events (Classic)
Which plans include this feature?
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Inventory > Item Events
What more do I need to use this feature?
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- Your account must have access to items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
With our newest version of Checkfront, we have added Products (Inventory > Products) as the successor to items (Inventory > Items).
Are you interested in migrating to our newest version? Please reach out to our Technical Support team for more information.
Item Events modify the price or availability of your inventory items based on date. Without Item Events, your inventory items are simple bookable items available 365 days a year at a fixed (base) price.
Item Events bring items to life by controlling how much you charge for them and when they are available. Item Events can be configured globally across all items in your inventory or on a specific category/item only.
With Item Events, You Can:
• Dynamically increase/decrease item price for some time (e.g. increase pricing by 20% in December).
• Set new fixed price points in your inventory item setup (e.g. enable high and low seasonal pricing).
• Activate items in your inventory for a specific period (see closed inventory).
• Close out partial or entire parts of your inventory for some time (see open inventory).
• Enforce rule sets and booking policies for a specified time (e.g. set a minimum quantity of 2 on Fridays in May).
If you want to create discounts, voucher offers, and specials, see Discount Events.
Closed Inventory vs Open InventoryBack to top
Checkfront allows you to operate an open or a closed inventory.
All your items are available 365 days a year in an open inventory. When creating items, you set the default status as available (default). You can also use Item Events to disable them for any dates.
In a closed inventory, your items are configured as Unavailable by default and only enabled through the dates you define in your Item Events.