To learn more about the functionality of the Item Builder, please read the entire series of articles accessed at the side and bottom of this page.
- Adding descriptions to items using the Item Builder (Classic)
- Adding photos and video to items using the Item Builder (Classic)
- Configuring inventory and parameters for items using the Item Builder (Classic)
- Configuring allocation and visibility for items using the Item Builder (Classic)
- Configuring additional options for items using the Item Builder (Classic)
- Configuring pricing for items using the Item Builder (Classic)
- Configuring the default calendar and item events for items using the Item Builder (Classic)
- Configuring taxes, deposits and additional options for items using the Item Builder (Classic)
- Configuring packages with items using the Item Builder (Classic)
- Configuring product grouping with items using the Item Builder (Classic)
Which plans include this feature?
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Inventory > Items
What more do I need to use this feature?
Admin permissions or restricted permissions to View items, products, and assets and Manage items, products, and assets.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- Your account must have access to items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
With our newest version of Checkfront, we have added Products (Inventory > Products) as the successor to items (Inventory > Items).
Are you interested in migrating to our newest version? Please reach out to our Technical Support team for more information.
Check out the following article for a complete list of all the help content related to item-supported features.
PreparationBack to top
Allow ample time to configure, test and optimize your Items before going live!
Before you build your items, please prepare the following information and artifacts to ease the process...
- List of categorized offerings, including packages and add-ons
- List of tags (if needed)
- Names and summary descriptions of offerings
- Photos or links to videos to associate with the offerings
- Inventory numbers (where limits apply), including human resources (Staff, Guides, Instructors...) that limit the availability of your offerings
- Item allocation (per day, night, time or timeslot)
- Item availability (seasonal, special pricing events, closure dates...)
- Pricing structure, including applicable deposits or taxes
- Booking policies or restrictions on inventory at the time of booking.
Don't worry! You can always save your item to edit later and experiment with different configurations until you are satisfied with the results.
Item builder overviewBack to top
Checkfront is a highly customizable inventory-based system which you can configure to suit your business's unique needs.
- Your Inventory in Checkfront comprises items (including packages and add-ons), representing your offerings to be displayed on your Customer Booking Page.
- You can apply a category, tag, summary description, photos, and videos to each item.
- Each item has attributes. This includes the base inventory count for the item (e.g. 10) and the distribution of this Inventory in more complex and custom ways through Item Parameters (e.g. 5 Adult, 5 Child).
- Attributes also allow you to determine inventory allocation (per Day, Per Night, Per Time or Timeslots) and item visibility (Everyone, Staff only, in Packages only).
- You can configure a complex pricing structure for items using item parameters (including group pricing) and determine availability using item events.
- Taxes, discounts, deposits, and partner commissions can also be applied to your Items.
- Item rules can later be configured to enforce booking policies and restrictions on your Inventory at the time of booking.
In this series of articles, you can walk through the Inventory Builder and the above features in more detail.
Adding new itemsBack to top
To add a new item, click the + New Item button in the top left-hand corner of your Inventory page.
You then start the first of five stages in the Checkfront Inventory Builder.
Users with restricted item and category permissions may not automatically have permission to access newly created items and categories.
Review the permissions in advance to ensure Users have the correct permissions.
Find out more about permissions here:
So, let’s begin and look at the first stage with our next article in this series - Adding descriptions to items!