Plan Availability: ✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Locate: Inventory > Items
- Admin permissions to manage inventory or restricted permissions to View Items and Manage Items.
- Your account must have access to items (Inventory > Items), which is a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to Items (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Not yet on our newest version and interested in upgrading? Please contact our Technical Support team for more information.
Discover more product-related help articles here: Products (New).
This article is a brief introduction to the Item Builder. Please step through the full series of articles, accessed at the side and bottom of this page, for guided help getting your offerings configured and optimized!
Check out the following article for a full list of all the help content related to item-supported features.
PreparationBack to top
Allow yourself ample time to configure, test and optimize your Items before going live!
Before you start building your Items, prepare the following information and artifacts in advance to ease the process...
- List of categorized offerings including packages and add-ons
- List of tags (if needed)
- Names and summary descriptions of offerings
- Photos or links to videos to associate with the offerings
- Inventory numbers (where limits apply) including human resources (Staff, Guides, Instructors...) that limit the availability of your offerings
- Item allocation (per day, night, time or timeslot)
- Item availability (seasonal, special pricing events, closure dates...)
- Pricing structure, including applicable deposits or taxes
- Booking policies or restrictions on inventory at the time of booking
Don't worry! You can always save your item to edit at a later time and experiment with different configurations until you are satisfied with the results.
OverviewBack to top
Checkfront is a highly customizable inventory-based system, which you can configure to suit your business's unique needs.
- Your Inventory in Checkfront is made up of items (including packages and add-ons), which represent your offerings to be displayed on your Customer Booking Page.
- You can apply a category, tag, and summary description to each Item along with photos and videos.
- Each item has attributes, this includes the base inventory count for the Item (e.g. 10) and the distribution of this Inventory in more complex and custom ways through Item Parameters (e.g. 5 Adult, 5 Child).
- Attributes also allow you to determine inventory allocation (per Day, Per Night, Per Time or Timeslots) and item visibility (Everyone, Staff only, in Packages only).
- You can configure a complex pricing structure for your items using item parameters (including group pricing) and determine availability using item events.
- Taxes, discounts, deposits, and partner commissions can be applied to your Items as well.
- Item rules can later be configured to enforce booking policies and restrictions on your Inventory at the time of booking.
In this series of articles, walk through the Inventory Builder and the above-mentioned features in more detail.
Add New ItemBack to top
To add a New Item, click on the + New Item button in the top left-hand corner of your Inventory page.
You then start the first of five stages in the Checkfront Inventory Builder covered by the following articles in detail...
- Inventory - Item Builder: Description
- Inventory - Item Builder: Media
- Inventory - Item Builder: Attributes (Inventory & Parameters)
- Inventory - Item Builder: Attributes (Allocation & Visibility)
- Inventory - Item Builder: Attributes (Additional Options)
- Inventory - Item Builder: Pricing & Availability (Pricing)
- Inventory - Item Builder: Pricing & Availability (Default Calendar, Item Events)
- Inventory - Item Builder: Pricing & Availability (Taxes, Deposits & Additional Options)
- Inventory - Item Builder: Packages
- Inventory Builder - Items: Product Grouping
These stages take you through the creation of your Item in a simple step-by-step process to ensure you don’t miss any details and get the most out of what Checkfront has to offer.
Users with restricted item and category permissions may not automatically have permission to access newly created items and categories.
Permissions should be reviewed to make sure that Users have the desired ones enabled.
Find out more about permissions here:
So, let’s begin and have a look at the first stage with our next article in this series - Inventory - Items Builder: Description!