Read this introduction to our Booking Status feature, which allows you to associate bookings with specific labels to understand what stage the booking is at within the booking process and optionally trigger notifications when the status changes.
Please read the full series of articles, accessed at the side and bottom of this page, to learn more about the functionality of Booking Statuses.
- Understanding Booking Status types
- Changing the status of a booking
- Working with custom Booking Statuses
- Creating a new Booking Status
Which plans include this feature?
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Manage > Layout > Statuses
What prerequisites are there?
Admin permissions to manage your account.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- This feature is available in both our classic version using items (Inventory > Items) and our newest version using products (Inventory > Products). → Learn more about products
Getting started with booking statusesBack to top
Which statues are utilized depends on your system and payment configuration:
- If payment processing is enabled in your account, bookings made on your website are automatically set to Paid or Deposit, depending on your Ecommerce settings.
- If payment processing is not active or a booking is made through the Checkfront dashboard by a Staff member, then the invoice status is set to whatever default you have chosen in the Configuration area (Manage > Setup > Configuration).
Learn more about these configuration settings here:
You also can create additional custom statuses as required, which we learn about later in this series.
In the next article in this series, we start by looking at the default booking status types.