Read this introduction to our Languages feature, which allows you to translate system and booking page text into one or more supported languages for Staff and Customers.
To learn more about Inventory Categories, please read the full series of articles accessed at the side and bottom of this page.
- Activating and editing Customer languages
- Selecting Customer languages from the booking page and Customer accounts
- Configuring Checkfront translations
See below for more details.
Manage > Languages
What prerequisites are there?
- A plan (Pro, Plus, Enterprise, and Flex) that includes Multi-Languages to utilize Customer Languages. The Checkfront Translations feature is available to all plans.
- Admin permissions to access and manage Languages.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new, or both?
- The Languages feature is available to both those using items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront and those using products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Not yet on our newest version and interested in upgrading? Please get in touch with our Technical Support team for more information.
Discover more product-related help articles here: Products (New).
Translations and Languages OverviewBack to top
Operating in the travel and tourism industry, chances are your business receives bookings from all across the globe. It is important, then, to offer your items/products and services in multiple languages.
At the same time, you need the default system language, Customer and Staff-facing, to be in the primary language in which you do business.
Checkfront allows you to do just that through a combination of features including our default Language setting, Checkfront Translations, and Customer Languages (available on select plans).
Determines the default language for your account.
(Manage > Setup > Locale> Language)
Need to customize one of the default languages we support? Checkfront Translations allows you to utilize shared translations or create and apply a private translation of the language for use as your default system language.
Over 2500 text strings are available for translation in over 40 languages.
Allows you to offer the booking experience in one or more languages in addition to your default system language.
For example, your default system language is English, but alternatively, Guests can choose to have the booking pages displayed in French or Spanish.
We offer over 40 languages with locale variations available for each.
Available on Pro, Plus, Enterprise, Flex plans.
Translations can be managed in bulk from Customer Languages (Manage > Languages Customer Languages) or inline via select settings pages.
Activating and editing Customer languages >