Plan Availability: ✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Locate: Manage > Notifications > Email
- Admin permissions or restricted permissions to Manage Notifications.
- Email Notifications (Booking Status) are available to those using items (Inventory > Items), a feature of our classic version of Checkfront.
- Interested in using Email Notifications (Booking Status) with products (Inventory > Products)? Your account must be a member of our Early Access Program. Please reach out to Checkfront Technical Support to learn more.
Early Access Program
The new product feature mentioned in this article is currently part of our Early Access Program, which means it is available to select Customers to try out and provide us with feedback.
Find our complete set of help articles related to the Early Access Program here: Early Access Program.
The purpose of this series of articles is to look at our booking status email notifications.
Learn more about our different types of notifications here...
Notifications are the email messages sent to your Customers to confirm booking actions that have taken place. Notifications may include a booking confirmation, notice of changes made to the booking, or a request for payment.
Configuring these email notifications is quick and easy. We provide a number of variables to automatically populate your email with select information. This might include the Customer name, details of the item(s) or product(s) they have booked, and a copy of the invoice.
In this series of articles, we cover configuring options, utilizing email variables, as well as, previewing, duplicating, translating, and exporting your notification list, and other tips! Follow the series in sequence or jump to the articles as needed.
- Notifications - Email (Booking Status): Options
- Notifications - Email (Booking Status): Email Variables
- Notifications - Email (Booking Status): Live Preview
- Notifications - Email (Booking Status): Duplicating
- Notifications - Email (Booking Status): Translation
- Notifications - Email (Booking Status): Tips
Looking for information on how to send out bulk email communications to your Customers? Check out our step-by-step instructions:
Select Notifications List Columns
Select which columns you would like to include in your notifications list, by clicking on the Columns icon at the top-right of the table.
This opens a modal from which you can select (or deselect) Columns to suit your needs. Click Save to preserve your selections and update the table view.
Export Notifications List
You can export your notifications list using the link at the top-right corner of the table. The Export modal allows you to choose your preferences for the file exports.
- Save As
Specify the name of the export file. You can edit the name of the file if needed by placing focus on the Save as field and entering the desired name.
Export report to MS Excel (XLSX), CSV (Comma-separated Value), PDF (Portable Document Format) or XML (eXtensible Markup Language).
- Save To
The report can be saved to your My Computer, Email, or Google Drive.
Choose to Export Visible columns or All columns (if there are columns that you have chosen to hide in the online report view).
- Max Rows
Choose to limit the maximum number of rows to Export (Max Rows) or Export All Rows.
Use ISO Dates allows you to choose the format of dates within the export.
- When selected, you see the format YYYY-DD-MM, for example, 2020-06-09.
- When not selected, you see the format as configured with the Date Format setting (Manage > Setup > Locale).
Email Bounce Notifications
On rare occasions, notifications sent to your Customers can bounce. This most often occurs if an invalid email address is entered or your Customer's inbox has placed your email into the Junk folder.
This checkbox allows you to opt-in to receive notifications when a sent email bounces. When it is active, your account's company email address (Manage > Setup > Company > Email Address) is notified by email of any email bounces.
In the next article, we look at your configuration options for Notifications!