A worldwide leader in payment services, 2Checkout maximizes online sales conversions by giving global buyers localized payment options. Trusted by over 50,000 merchants, 2Checkout supports transactions in over 200 global markets through 8 payment methods, 87 currencies, and 15 languages, forming one of the leading processors of online transactions in the world.
The service is simple to implement, including a pre-integrated payment gateway, a merchant account, PCI compliance, international fraud prevention and customers can go live in just a few hours. By selecting 2Checkout, Checkfront customers have the ability to pay in part, or in full, at the time of booking. The best part? …service is free! They’ve made it easier than ever to get started!! To sign up, follow this link: www.2checkout.com, click SIGN UP and complete the online application.
Setup in 2CheckoutBack to top
Before enabling 2Checkout, there are a couple things that need to be done in your account. Login to your 2Checkout account, and navigate to Account > Site Management.
Supply the following:
• Direct Return: Given links back to my website
• Secret Word: A unique secret word that only you know (not your 2Checkout password)
• Approved URL: Your 2Checkout notify URL (eg: https://your_account.checkfront.com/notify/2Checkout/)
Click Save Changes when ready.
Setup in CheckfrontBack to top
To enabled the 2Checkout extension login to your Checkfront account, and navigate to the Manage > E-Commerce screen. From there you will see a list of available payment modules. Select the 2Checkout tile and supply the required credentials:
• 2CO Account #: Your 2Checkout account Number.
• 2CO Secret Word: The secret word as setup in your 2Checkout account (not your password)
• API Username & Password: If you wish to process refunds directly through Checkfront, you must have an account at 2Checkout with API access. Enter the login details here.
• Payment API Public & Private Keys: These can be generated at API > Settings in the 2Checkout main menu.
Click on the Generate link to create the keys. Enter these in Checkfront.
• Enable Demo Mode: Enable demo transactions for testing.
• Checkout Mode: To use the inline payment form within Checkfront, select Payment API. Direct Checkout will redirect your users to 2Checkout to make their payment, while Dynamic Checkout will display the form in a pop-up window.
The most reliable and consistent method is Payment API and we recommend you choose this as your setting. Make sure you have enabled payment processing and set up any appropriate taxes and e-commerce settings under in the Manage / E-Commerce section of Checkfront.
Demo ModeBack to top
It's highly recommended that you do an end-to-end test of your checkout before putting your site live. To do so, follow the setup instructions above and check "Demo mode". Create a transaction as a customer and check to see that it shows up in your Checkfront account as paid and within 2Checkout. If you don't have a website to test on yet, use the hosted booking page (eg: https://your_account.checkfront.com/reserve/) to test. * Always remember to take your account out of test mode when you are finished.
NotesBack to top
2Checkout is a hosted payment processor. The customer is sent from the booking invoice to the 2Checkout payment page, and then back to Checkfront for the booking receipt. There is no support for virtual terminal payments. For more information please see see www.2checkout.com.