Configuring the Bambora Payment Gateway
Bambora (previously Beanstream) has over fifteen years of experience in helping businesses of every size receive and make payments quickly and securely. As your business grows, Bambora can grow with you, keeping you plugged in no matter which merchant account you are using. Bambora has easy to understand pricing with no hidden fees, no locked contracts, and no early termination fees. Sign-up in less than 10 minutes through a dedicated online onboarding portal to get the preferred per-transaction pricing. Checkfront currently integrates with Bambora by way of their direct payment method. This provides a seamless checkout for your customers and fully integrates into the Checkfront back-office app. The integration also allows you to offer your customers the ability to pay in part, or in full at the time of booking.
FeaturesBack to top
• Supported Countries: Canada, United States, United Kingdom
• Virtual Terminal - accept payments by phone or mail
• Interac Online and EFT Payments
• Over 140+ Currencies
• Built-in security with Tokenization and Encryption
• Integrated Checkout
• Recurring billing
• Batch processing
• Built-in Fraud Prevention Tools
• Real Human Support reachable 24/7 through chat, email, or telephone.
Taking Payments With BamboraBack to top
Taking Payments with Bambora on Checkfront is easy!
1. Log into Checkfront and select Manage > E-Commerce from the top bar.
2. Scroll down and click on the Payment methods available in [your country] tile.
3. Enter your Bambora account details into the form and click Activate.
Bambora AccountsBack to top
Bambora offers two types of merchant accounts: a production account and a test account. We recommend that you test your checkout end-to-end with a test account before switching over to your production account and putting your site live. You can create a Bambora test account here.
If you do not already have a production Bambora account, you can create one here. Checkfront requires your Bambora username, password and merchant ID. Your merchant ID will be displayed in the top bar of your Bambora account after login. For added security, you can also supply the hash key for your account. This can be found in your Bambora account.
Steps to Locate Your Hash Key
1. Log into your account.
2. In the menu, click Administration > Account Settings> Order Settings.
3. Scroll down, and in the Payment Gateway section, under Security/Authentication, select the checkbox Require hash validation on all payment gateway transaction requests.
4. Enter a hash key. It must be at least 8 characters and it doesn't matter what those characters are.
5. Select a type of hash algorithm (MD5 or SHA-1), although, it doesn't matter to Checkfront which one you go with.
6. At the bottom of the page, click Update.
7. A confirmation box opens at the top of the browser window. Click OK. Optionally, you can also provide a Bambora ID for Interac Online payments. You can find more information on taking payments through Interac Online with Bambora here.
Test Card Numbers
4030000010001234 (CVV: 123) Approved
4003050500040005(CVV: 123) Declined
You can find a full list of test card numbers here: https://support.na.bambora.com/bic/w/index.html#docs/using-test-card-numbers.htm?