Checkfront has created a plugin for Drupal which enables you to generate a shortcode, paste it into your webpage and publish a booking portal for your customers to reserve their items. Once configured, the plugin will take care of the complicated code required to display the portal. All you need to do is add the shortcode to your page and we'll take care of the rest. If you'd like to alter the way the booking portal appears or behaves, you can do that by adding arguments to the shortcode. This guide will show you just how to do that.
Installing the Drupal Plugin
Unlike our Droplet integration method, the Drupal-based booking portal requires the installation of a plugin. It's a little more complicated than the Wordpress plugin, but if you follow this guide closely, you'll be up and running in no time!
Both the Droplet and Drupal integration methods yield exactly the same results, but by installing the Drupal plugin, you avoid a complicated mass of code and are able to make changes to your website URL without needing to edit any code on your webpage.
If you've used Drupal before, you're probably familiar with the process of finding plugins and installing them on your server. If not, don't panic! Follow this guide and we'll show you exactly what needs to be done.
Search For & Install the Plugin
- The first step is to locate the Checkfront plugin within Drupal. Navigate to your Drupal dashboard.
- Click on the Modules menu in the main navigation bar (see image above).
- Click on the Contributed Modules link.
- Enter Checkfront in the search field and press the Search button.
- When the results appear, look for the one labeled Checkfront Online Booking System. The title will be hyperlinked, so click on it.
- You will now be presented with some information on the Checkfront booking plugin. Under the section labeled Downloads, click on tar.gz file to download it to your computer.
- Next, return to the Modules page and click on the + Install New Module link.
- Click on the Choose File button and locate/select the file you just downloaded to your computer. Then, click Install.