- Drupal is available to those using items (Inventory > Items), a feature of our classic version of Checkfront.
- Interested in using Drupal with products (Inventory > Products)? Your account must be a member of our Early Access Program. Please reach out to Checkfront Technical Support to learn more.
Early Access Program
Find our complete set of help articles related to the Early Access Program here: Early Access Program.
OverviewBack to top
Checkfront has created a plugin for Drupal which enables you to generate a shortcode, paste it into your webpage, and publish a booking portal for your customers to reserve their items.
Once configured, the plugin takes care of the complicated code required to display the portal. All you need to do is add the shortcode to your page and we take care of the rest.
If you want to alter the way the booking portal appears or behaves, then you can do that by adding arguments to the shortcode. This guide shows you just how to do that.
Installing the Drupal PluginBack to top
Unlike our Booking Widget integration method, the Drupal-based booking portal requires the installation of a plugin. It's a little more complicated than the WordPress plugin, but if you follow this guide closely, you are up and running in no time!
Both the Booking Widget and Drupal integration methods yield exactly the same results, but by installing the Drupal plugin, you avoid a complicated mass of code and are able to make changes to your website URL without needing to edit any code on your webpage.
If you've used Drupal before, then you're probably familiar with the process of finding plugins and installing them on your server. If not, then don't panic! Follow this guide and we'll show you exactly what needs to be done.
Search For & Install the Plugin
- The first step is to locate the Checkfront plugin within Drupal. Navigate to your Drupal dashboard.
- Click on the Modules menu in the main navigation bar (see image above).
- Click on the Contributed Modules link.
- Enter Checkfront in the search field and press the Search button.
- When the results appear, look for the one labeled Checkfront Online Booking System. The title is hyperlinked, so click on it.
- You are now presented with some information on the Checkfront booking plugin. Under the section labeled Downloads, click on tar.gz file to download it to your computer.
- Next, return to the Modules page and click on the + Install New Module link.
- Click on the Choose File button and locate/select the file you just downloaded to your computer. Then, click Install.