Learn how to add a new asset category, including specifying a name and description for your asset category.
New to asset categories? Read the first article in this series for an introduction to Asset Categories.
✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Inventory > Categories > Assets tab > + New Category
What prerequisites are there?
- Admin permissions to manage inventory or restricted permissions to View items, products, and assets and Manage items, products, and assets.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new, or both?
- Your account must have access to products (Inventory > Products), which is a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Not yet on our newest version and interested in upgrading? Please contact our Technical Support team for more information.
Discover more product-related help articles here: Products (New).
Creating your asset categoryBack to top
- From the Asset Categories page, click on the + New Asset Category button.
- Enter a unique name for your asset category.
- Enter a Description for the asset category.
- Click the Save button to complete the process.
< Working with your asset category list | Editing an asset category >