Learn how to add a new asset category, including specifying a name and description for your asset category.
New to asset categories? Read the first article in this series for an introduction to Asset Categories.
Which plans include this feature?
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Inventory > Categories > Assets tab > + New Category
What prerequisites are there?
Admin permissions to manage inventory or restricted permissions to View items, products, and assets and Manage items, products, and assets.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- Your account must have access to products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our new version of Checkfront. This feature is not available for use with items (Inventory > Items) in our classic version. → Learn more about products.
Creating your asset categoryBack to top
- Click on the + New Asset Category button from the Asset Categories page.
- Enter a unique name for your asset category.
- Enter a Description for the asset category.
- Click the Save button to complete the process.