Learn how to add a new asset category, including specifying a name and description for your asset category.
New to asset categories? Read the first article in this series for an introduction to Asset Categories.
Which plans include this feature?
Legacy: Soho, Pro, Plus, Enterprise, Flex
New: Starter, Growth, Managed | Learn more about our new plans or how to change your plan.
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Inventory > Categories > Assets tab > + New Category
What prerequisites are there?
Admin permissions to manage inventory or restricted permissions to View items, products, and assets and Manage items, products, and assets.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new, or both?
- Your account must have access to products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
With our newest version of Checkfront, we have added Products (Inventory > Products) as the successor to items (Inventory > Items).
Are you interested in migrating to our newest version? Please reach out to our Technical Support team for more information.
Creating your asset categoryBack to top
- Click on the + New Asset Category button from the Asset Categories page.
- Enter a unique name for your asset category.
- Enter a Description for the asset category.
- Click the Save button to complete the process.
< Working with your asset category list | Editing an asset category >