Learn how to activate the Microsoft Single Sign-on (SSO) integration from Integrations, including setting up User Accounts with matching email addresses and signing in with Microsoft SSO. You can also find instructions on enabling (and disabling) Google Single Sign-on (SSO) from User Accounts.
Which plans include this feature?
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
- Manage > User Accounts > Account Settings
What more do I need to use this feature?
Admin permission to manage User Accounts.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- This feature is available in both our classic version using items (Inventory > Items) and our newest version using products (Inventory > Products). → Learn more about products
Integration OverviewBack to top
This integration enables Microsoft SSO as an alternative Staff login method. Single sign-on is an authentication method that allows users to sign in using one set of credentials to multiple independent software systems.
1. Activating the Microsoft SSO integration in CheckfrontBack to top
You can start by activating the Microsoft SSO integration in Checkfront.
- Navigate to Manage in your main menu and select Integrations.
- From there, you can search for Microsoft SSO or navigate to the Security section of the page.
- Next, Click the Microsoft SSO listing. This opens the Add-on Setup modal.
- Click on the blue Activate button.
2. Setting up User Accounts with Microsoft SSO Matching Email Addresses
Learn more about configuring User Accounts here:
3. Signing in with Microsoft SSOBack to top
The integration is now ready for use!
The Checkfront login window looks like the above image with Microsoft SSO activated.
Staff members and Partners can now log into their accounts at Checkfront using their Microsoft SSO credentials.
If the Staff member or Partner chooses to Continue with Microsoft Account, they must enter their Microsoft SSO email address and password and provide any multi-factor authentication required by Microsoft SSO. The email address must match the email address associated with their Checkfront User Account.
You are automatically redirected to your Dashboard if you click the Continue with Microsoft option and are already signed with Microsoft SSO.
While our mobile apps do not currently support Microsoft SSO, Staff and Partners can use their mobile devices via mobile browsers to access our web application.
Disabling Microsoft SSOBack to top
To disable Microsoft SSO, go to your Account Settings (Manage > User Accounts), deselect the Enable Microsoft Logins setting, and Save your changes.
Setting up Microsoft SSO in Checkfront via User AccountsBack to top
Microsoft SSO can also be enabled (and disabled) globally from Account Settings (Manage > User Accounts).
Enabling this setting automatically activates the Microsoft SSO integration (Manage > Integrations > Microsoft SSO).
Learn more about configuring email addresses here: