Learn how to set up Messenger Services in Twilio to send SMS notifications from an Alphanumeric Sender ID, such as a business name, e.g. Experience Bicycle Tours.
New to Twilio? Read the first article in this series for an introduction to the Twilio SMS notification feature.
Which plans include this feature?
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Manage > Integrations > Communication
What more do I need to use this feature?
- Admin permissions to manage Integrations.
- You must have a Twilio account before enabling this integration.
- Alphanumeric Sender IDs are not supported in the US.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- This feature is available in both our classic version using items (Inventory > Items) and our newest version using products (Inventory > Products). → Learn more about products
About Twilio Messaging ServicesBack to top
Messaging Services is a Twilio feature designed to make sending messages at scale and across multiple countries easier.
With Messaging Services, you can choose from several sender types (e.g., Alphanumeric Sender IDs, phone numbers, WhatsApp senders) with the option to create a pool of multiple senders. If you have configured multiple senders, Messaging Services works on a hierarchy. The service selects the best sender to send
Fromfrom your Messaging Services sender pool, considering the number you are sending
This article focuses on setting up Messenger Services to send messages from an Alphanumeric Sender ID such as your business name, e.g., Experience Bicycle Tours.
You can learn more about Alphanumeric Sender IDs within the Twilio Help Center.
Setting up Twilio Messaging ServicesBack to top
You can follow these step-by-step instructions to set up Twilio Messaging Services with an Alphanumeric Sender ID.
1. Log in to your Twilio account and select Explore Products.
2. Click Messaging under Programmable Communications to access the Messaging Services page.
3. Click Create Messaging Services to start setting up your Messaging Service.
4. Name your Messaging Service, and choose to use your Messaging Service to Notify my users.
5. Click Add Senders to start setting up your sender.
6. Select Alpha Sender as the Sender Type.
7. Enter the Alpha Sender ID you want to use to send from, e.g. Experience Bike Tours.
8. Choose to Defer to sender's webhook to set up the integration for incoming messages.
9. Determine what compliance steps you need to meet. The information presented here differs depending on your business location.
10. Once you have completed your compliance steps, click Complete Messaging Service Set Up.
11. Once you have set up your Messaging Service, a modal opens with further options. Choose to View my new Messaging Service to access the Messaging Service SID.
12. Finally, copy the Messaging Service SID from the Properties page. You need this ID next when Setting up Twilio SMS notifications in Checkfront.
The following article in this series provides step-by-step instructions on configuring the Twilio integration in Checkfront, including where to use the Messaging Service SID.