Learn how to set up the Constant Contact integration for use within your Checkfront account.
New to Constant Contact? You can read the first article in this series for an introduction to Constant Contact.
Which plans include this feature?
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Manage > Integrations > Email > Constant Contact
What more do I need to use this feature?
- Admin permissions to manage Integrations.
- A Constant Contact account created and accessible.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- This feature is available in both our classic version using items (Inventory > Items) and our newest version using products (Inventory > Products). → Learn more about products
Activating Constant ContactBack to top
From the main menu, visit the Integrations area (Manage > Integrations) and locate the Constant Contact tile from the Email category. You can also find the integration listing by keyword search using the Search integration field at the top of the page.
Hover your mouse over the Constant Contact tile and click to open the Add-on Setup window. When the pop-up window appears, click on the Activate button.
You are now taken to the Constant Contact website, where you must input your login credentials, as shown above.
After clicking the Log in button, you are asked whether or not you wish to grant Checkfront access to your Constant Contact account. To continue the integration process, you must click on the Allow button.
Next, you are taken back to your Checkfront account so you can complete the integration.
Completing the Constant Contact setupBack to top
You can configure the options provided in the pop-up window, and when you're ready, click on the blue Update button.
- Choose the Constant Contact List ID (mailing list) to which you want your Checkfront contacts added. You can use the standard General Interest list with your Constant Contact account or create a new one, if you prefer, within the Constant Contact interface.
- Enter an Opt-in Label to entice your Customers to sign up for the mailing list. This can be whatever you like, but it's always best to keep it short and sweet; for example, Stay up-to-date with our newsletter.
- Map any Custom Fields you want to add to your customer data in Constant Contact. These are fields of custom information you collect during the Checkfront booking process, in addition to the Customer name, email address, etc.
To add these details to your Constant Contact Customer records, choose a custom field from the dropdown menu next to the Checkfront field label. The Checkfront field is then automatically mapped to the custom field in Constant Contact.
In the following article, we go into more detail on how to use the Constant Contact integration.