Learn how to activate waivers and documents for your product.
Learn more about the Advanced tab here: Step 5: Managing advanced settings on products.
New to the Product Builder? Read the first article in this series for an introduction to the Product feature.
Which plans include this feature?
Legacy: Soho*, Plus, Enterprise, Flex
New: Starter**, Growth (Subscription), Growth (Per Booking), Managed
*A 14-day trial of the Waivers add-on is available to those on the legacy Soho plan.
**Starter plans include one active waiver template.
→ Learn more about our new plans or how to change your plan.
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Inventory > Products > Products > Add Product/Add New Product/Edit Product > Advanced
What more do I need to use this feature?
- Admin permissions to manage inventory or restricted permissions to View products and assets and Manage products and assets.
- Admin permissions to view and manage the Waivers integration.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- Product Builder: Your account must have access to products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our new version of Checkfront. This feature is not available for use with items (Inventory > Items) in our classic version. → Learn more about products.
Waivers: This feature is available in both our classic version using items (Inventory > Items)* and our newest version using products (Inventory > Products). → Learn more about products
*If used independently of the Product Builder.
Activating waivers and documents on your productBack to top
Activate Waivers and Documents to access digital documents that can be automatically added to bookings and signed by your Customers.
You can find this setting within the Product Builder (Inventory > Products) under the Advanced tab and Additional Product Settings section.
This feature is available with supported plans. Learn more about Waivers & Documents here:
Follow these steps to set up a waiver or document:
1. Click Activate Now to be prompted to Activate the feature from the Add-on Setup modal for Waivers.
2. Once activated, you are taken to the Waivers & Documents page (Bookings > Waivers & Documents) to create your first template.
3. Once you create your first template, you return to the Overview step of the Product Builder to + Add your waiver or document.
4. From the Attach Waiver/Document modal, you can select your waiver/document to be associated with your product.
You can also set the Due Date, the number of days before the start of the booking that the waiver or document needs to be completed.
Optionally, Schedule a Reminder to be sent to Customers several days before the start of the booking.
5. View your associated waivers and documents, including Due Date and Reminder date settings.
You can edit (pencil icon) or remove (x) the waiver or document from here.