Try the Memberships feature and provide feedback via Checkfront Labs.
Customer memberships are automatically activated if Customers book their membership plans through the booking pages or Staff book Customers through Staff side booking pages on their behalf.
Activating memberships for Customers through Customer Profiles is only necessary if...
You do need to enable Customer Logins (Customers > Directory > Customer Settings) if you want Customers to access their benefits themselves. Alternatively, you can keep this setting disabled and let Staff access membership benefits on behalf of your Customers.
New to Memberships? Please read the first article in this series on how to get started.
Which plans include this feature?
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Once the Membership feature has been enabled in Checkfront Labs, you can find the feature via the following menus.
- Inventory > Memberships > Create or edit memberships > Members tab
- Customers > Memberships > Create or edit memberships > Members tab
What more do I need to use this feature?
- The Memberships feature needs to be enabled by Admins for all Staff through Checkfront Labs (Manage > Checkfront Labs).
- Admin permissions to create membership plans.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- Your account must have access to products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our new version of Checkfront. This feature is not available for use with items (Inventory > Items) in our classic version. → Learn more about products.
Adding Customers to your membershipsBack to top
From the Members tab of the Membership Plan Builder (Inventory or Customers > Memberships > Membership Plan Builder > Products), you can access the Customer Directory, where you can add Customers by activating their memberships.
Accessing the Customer DirectoryBack to top
You can access the Customer Directory by clicking the Take me to the Customer Directory button or via the Customers option in the top menu.
Frequently Asked QuestionsBack to top
Can I set up a membership without products, members, or pricing?
Yes, you can set up a membership plan and add Customers as Members, or invite Customers to purchase the membership plan, then add products and product discounts later.
The following article in this series looks at activating memberships from the Customer Profile within the Customer Directory.