New to Memberships? Please read the first article in this series on how to get started.
Try the Memberships feature and provide feedback via Checkfront Labs.
Which plans include this feature?
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Once the Membership feature has been enabled in Checkfront Labs, you can find the feature via the following menus.
- Inventory > Memberships > Create or edit memberships > Products tab
- Customers > Memberships > Create or edit memberships > Products tab
What more do I need to use this feature?
- The Memberships feature needs to be enabled by Admins for all Staff through Checkfront Labs (Manage > Checkfront Labs).
- Admin permissions to create membership plans.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- Your account must have access to products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our new version of Checkfront. This feature is not available for use with items (Inventory > Items) in our classic version. → Learn more about products.
Selecting products for booking by Members or StaffBack to top
From the Products tab of the Membership Plan Builder (Inventory or Customers > Memberships > Membership Plan Builder > Products), you can choose which products or categories apply to your membership plan, including any upsells.
Membership products can only be booked by Members and Staff
Products applied to memberships are no longer available to everyone. Membership products can only be booked by Members and Staff on behalf of Members. Members are Customers with the plan activated within their profiles.
Applying select products to your membership plansBack to top
You can select one or more products to apply to your membership plan by selecting the checkbox next to the product name within the Apply To product list.
Applying select categories of products to your membership plansBack to top
You can select one or more categories of products to apply to your membership plan by selecting the checkbox next to the category name within the Apply To product list.
Applying all categories and products to your membership plansBack to top
You can select all categories and products to apply to your membership plan by clicking the Select All button at the top of the Apply To product list.
Removing products from a membership planBack to top
You can remove one or more products (or categories) from a membership plan by deselecting the checkbox next to the product or category name within the Apply To product list.
De-selecting a product removes the product from all active memberships. Remember to communicate these changes with your Customers!
Click the Select None button to clear all your selections.
Frequently Asked QuestionsBack to top
Can products applied to membership plans and regular products share inventory?
Yes! The products offered under membership plans are originally regular products that have been made exclusive to the membership plans.
Can we have a members only Booking Widget?Yes! To create a members only Booking Widget...
1. Create a category specific to your membership-exclusive products.
2. Create a Booking Widget that only has one product category selected.
3. Ask the Customer to create an account or log in to their existing account to access membership benefits.
In the next article in this series, we look at how to apply membership discounts to your products.