Plan Availability: X Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Locate: Inventory > Gift Certificates > Create Gift Certificate (button) > Details > Media
- A plan that includes Gift Certificates.
- Gift Certificates activated within your account (Manage > Integrations).
- Admin permissions or restricted permissions to Manage Gift Certificates and Manage Gift Certificate Templates.
- The Gift Certificates feature is available to both those using items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront, and those using products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Not yet on our newest version and interested in upgrading? Please contact our Technical Support team for more information.
Discover more product-related help articles here: Products (New).
New to Gift Certificates or need to activate Gift Certificates for your account? Be sure to start with the first article in this series: Introduction to gift certificates.
In this article, we walk through uploading, editing, and deleting gift certificate thumbnail images, as well as, how to access the options to copy, archive, and translate your gift certificates.
Uploading, editing, and deleting gift certificate thumbnailsBack to top
When you have finished configuring gift certificate description settings, click the Next button at the bottom right of the screen. This brings you to the Media tab. Let's start by looking at thumbnail image settings.
- Uploading the gift certificate thumbnail imageBack to top
By default, the gift certificate thumbnail consists of a wrapped gift in Checkfront blue.
This is perfect for most situations, but you may wish to use your own image to match your company's branding. Click on the +Upload Image button and select the chosen image from your computer. Once the image is loaded, it is resized to fit the thumbnail size.
|Images are resized to fit the 320x80 pixel thumbnail size.
If your image doesn't fit this ratio, then don't worry... you can edit what is displayed. However, an image larger than this yields better results when displayed on the screen. Try making it at least twice as big, if you can.
- Edit Gift Certificate ThumbnailBack to top
To edit the gift certificate thumbnail, move your mouse over the new gift certificate thumbnail and click on the Edit Image button.
A pop-up window opens containing the Gift Certificate Thumbnail editor. Drag the cropping area to select the part of your image you wish to display.
When satisfied with your selection, click Save in the bottom right. If the image you chose already has dimensions in the same ratio as the original thumbnail, then you do not need to do any cropping.
- Delete Gift Certificate ThumbnailBack to top
Need to remove the gift certificate thumbnail? Hover over the image and click on the trash can icon. From there, confirm that you want to delete the image, by clicking on Yes, Delete and the image is removed.
- Copy, Archive and Translate Gift CertificateBack to top
From the Media page, you can choose to Copy, Archive, or Translate the gift certificate under More options in the bottom menu.