New to Google Analytics 4? Read the first article in this series for an introduction to our Google Analytics 4 integration.
Which plans include this feature?
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Manage > Integrations > Conversion > Google Analytics
What more do I need to use this feature?
- Admin permissions to manage integrations.
- Your Parent Page Domain (e.g., theexperience.com) and Google Analytics 4 Measurement ID
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- This feature is available in both our classic version using items (Inventory > Items) and our newest version using products (Inventory > Products). → Learn more about products
Setting up Google Analytics in Checkfront
Browse or search for the Google Analytics listing within Integrations (Manage > Integrations). Click on the listing to open the Add-on Setup modal.
From the Add-on Setup modal, follow these steps:
- Select the Use Google Analytics 4 option.
- Paste or enter your Google Analytics 4 Measurement ID.
- Enter your Parent Page Domain. This is your website domain, e.g., theexperience.com.
- Click Activate.
To build more advanced tracking, you can set up a custom external web page and point to it with our Custom Receipt URL option at Manage > Ecommerce Setup > Settings.
Note that Google Analytics & Google Ads plugins DO NOT WORK when using a Custom Receipt URL as the URL to your website does not contain the integrated Google Analytics code of the Checkfront integration.
To resolve this issue, you need to create a custom conversion event within your Google Analytics account with keywords from your Custom URL.
The following article in this series provides instructions on where to find resources for reporting on the information you have gathered through tracking.