Learn how to set up Google Analytics in Checkfront, including reporting in Google Analytics.
New to Google Analytics? Read the first article in this series for an introduction to our Google Analytics integration.
Which plans include this feature?
Legacy: Soho, Pro, Plus, Enterprise, Flex
New: Starter, Growth, Managed | Learn more about our new plans or how to change your plan.
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Manage > Integrations > Conversion > Google Analytics
What more do I need to use this feature?
Admin permissions to manage integrations.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- The Google Analytics integration is available to both those using items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront, and those using products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
With our newest version of Checkfront, we have added Products (Inventory > Products) as the successor to items (Inventory > Items).
Are you interested in migrating to our newest version? Please reach out to our Technical Support team for more information.
Setting up Google Analytics in Checkfront
To set up Google Analytics for your Checkfront account, follow these steps.
- Go to Integrations under the Manage menu in your top navigation menu.
- Search for Google Analytics. It is listed under Conversion.
- Hover over the Google Analytics tile and click it to open the Add-on Setup modal.
- Copy and paste your Tracking ID into the Google Analytics ID field.
- Keep the Enable Universal Analytics setting selected. Universal Analytics is now the operating standard for Google Analytics.
- Click Activate to enable the integration.
|Are you interested in cross-domain tracking (measurement)? Please see the next article in this series - Enabling cross-domain tracking in Checkfront and Google Analytics.|
Reporting in Google AnalyticsBack to top
It may take up to 24 hours after the first booking for tracking data to appear in your Google Analytics reports. Reporting is shown in the E-commerce section of Google Analytics. Your Checkfront inventory is represented as products, and your bookings as transactions.
Are conversions not showing up in Google Analytics?
No personally identifiable information on your Customers is sent to Google. Google Analytics reporting should be used as a guide rather than as accurate financial reporting or accounting.
Only bookings made by your Customers from your website are included in these reports, not bookings made from within Checkfront.
< Introduction to Google Analytics | Enabling cross-domain tracking >