Plan Availability: X Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Locate: Customers > Customer Booking Page or Booking Widget
- A plan that includes Gift Certificates.
- Gift Certificates activated within your account (Manage > Integrations).
- Gift Certificates sold or issued.
- Gift Certificates are available to those using items (Inventory > Items), a feature of our classic version of Checkfront.
- Interested in using Gift Certificates with products (Inventory > Products)? Your account must be a member of our Early Access Program. Please reach out to Checkfront Technical Support to learn more.
Early Access Program
The new product feature mentioned in this article is currently part of our Early Access Program, which means it is available to select Customers to try out and provide us with feedback.
Find our complete set of help articles related to the Early Access Program here: Early Access Program.
Need to activate Gift Certificates for your account? Be sure to read the first article in this series: Gift Certificates: Setup.
Booking With a Gift CertificateBack to top
Using Gift Certificates to pay for a booking is very easy. All the Customer has to do is select the item or product for booking as normal and fill out their booking details.
- Pay by Gift CertificateBack to top
When it comes time to pay, the payment screen defaults to Credit Card. There is an option at the top of the screen labelled Gift Certificate.
- Apply Gift CertificateBack to top
Clicking on Pay by Gift Certificate opens a pop-up window into which the Customer can enter their Gift Certificate Number/Code. This is the number beneath the barcode on their Gift Certificate PDF.
The Customer enters the Gift Certificate Number, including the dashes, into the GCN Code field. Once the system recognizes the code, the Gift Certificate in question displays below the GCN Code field.
Clicking the Apply button deducts the invoice total from the Gift Certificate balance.
The Customer might then have a balance remaining, which can be used at a later date. If the Gift Certificate balance was not enough to cover the transaction, then the Customer can enter another Gift Certificate number, or make a payment via credit card.
- Pre-Booking Hold CancellationBack to top
A Pre-Booking is a booking initiated by a Customer that has not yet been completed.
If the Customer has entered a Gift Certificate number as partial payment for that Pre-Booking, then the Gift Certificate, including any balance remaining on the card, is held until the booking is completed.
If the Customer backs out of the booking, then this hold remains on the Gift Certificate for a period of 30 minutes and the Customer is not able to use the card again until that time is up.
A Staff member, however, can pull up the Gift Certificate in the back-end and manually remove the hold by following these steps...
- Select Gift Certificates from the Inventory menu.
- Find the Gift Certificate on hold in the Issued list.
- Click on the record to view the Edit Gift Certificate page.
- Find the Remove Manually button.
- Click to remove the hold! The hold is removed immediately.
The Gift Certificate on hold can also be accessed via the Account Activity log (Reports > Account Activity) by clicking on the associated Pre-Booking record and then the Gift Certificate Number within the related Booking Invoice as shown in the screenshot above.
View Gift Certificate ActivityBack to top
Gift Certificate activity can be viewed via the Gift Certificates page (Inventory > Gift Certificates). Simply select All Gift Certificates or choose a particular Gift Certificate from the left-hand menu to view the list of Issued Gift Certificates.
Choose which information you need to display within the Columns modal. Optionally, you can Export the list of Issued Gift Certificates.