Plan Availability: X Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Locate: Inventory > Gift Certificates > Gift Certificate Settings
- A plan that includes Gift Certificates.
- The Gift Certificates feature activated within your account (Manage > Integrations).
- Admin permissions or restricted permissions to Manage Gift Certificates and Manage Gift Certificate Templates.
- The Gift Certificates feature is available to both those using items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront, and those using products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Not yet on our newest version and interested in upgrading? Please contact our Technical Support team for more information.
Discover more product-related help articles here: Products (New).
New to Gift Certificates or need to activate Gift Certificates for your account? Be sure to start with the first article in this series: Introduction to gift certificates.
In this article, we walk through the general gift certificate settings.
Gift Certificate SettingsBack to top
There are some default settings you can apply to your gift certificates. You can find these via the Gift Certificate Settings link in the left sidebar of the primary Gift Certificates page.
You can add a company logo to display on gift certificates, edit your default gift certificate themes, add some terms and conditions, customize who refunds are sent from, and specify a default expiry date.
- Gift Certificate LogoBack to top
To display your company logo at the top of each gift certificate, click on the + Upload Image button.
To remove any logo you currently have in place, hover over it with your mouse and click on the white trashcan icon in the top-right corner.
- Default ThemesBack to top
Gift Certificate Settings is the place to manage your default gift certificate themes. If you are unlikely to use the default themes provided by Checkfront, then you can replace them here with your own designs.
To do so...
- Click on the Upload a Theme button.
- Next, a warning message displays stating that uploading a theme permanently removes the default themes provided by Checkfront. Simply continue with your upload.
- Finally, select a theme from your computer and repeat the process as many times as necessary until you have uploaded all your themes. You can upload a maximum of three default themes, after which the upload button disappears.
Hover over a theme and click on the Edit Image button to crop, as seen earlier in this guide.
Click on the white trashcan icon to remove the theme.
If at some point, you wish to restore the original Checkfront themes, then you can do so by downloading the following files and uploading them to your account as described above.
- Terms and ConditionsBack to top
If you wish to add any terms and conditions to your gift certificates, then enter them here in the text box provided.
- RefundsBack to top
You can customize the default information for refunds made to gift certificates. You are able to choose the name of the person providing the refund - the Company Name, Issuer Name, or a Custom Name to be entered into the text field provided.
- MessageBack to top
If you'd like to print a message on each gift certificate, maybe thanking the Customer for their business, then input the text here in the box provided.
- ExpiryBack to top
Finally, you can choose a select expiry date for the gift certificates. This can either be an indefinite expiry date, which means the gift certificates are open-ended, or you can enter a set number of days after issue, that the gift certificates expire.