Plan Availability: ✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Locate: Manage > Integrations > Email > Mailchimp
- A Mailchimp account with API Keys and Merge Tags created.
- Admin permissions to manage Integrations.
Activating the Add-onBack to top
Set up and Activate and the Mailchimp integration within your Checkfront account with these simple steps...
- Log into your Checkfront account, navigate to search for the MailChimp extension among the other Checkfront integrations.
- Hover your mouse over the MailChimp tile and click on the SETUP link.
- In the pop-up window, paste the API Key you created within the API Key field.
- Ignore the List ID field for now. We will address this once connected.
- Enter the Opt-in Label you would like to appear on your booking form. This is the text that appears next to the check-box in your booking form, which allows the Guest to opt into subscribing to your communications. You can also edit the text to suit your needs!
- Check the box below the Opt-in Label, if you would like to activate the double opt-in option. If checked, this feature will require your Customer to click on the link in a verification email to confirm their subscription to the list. This will help cut down on SPAM email addresses. The contents of the email can be edited within the Mailchimp interface.
- Click Activate to complete.
Select your Audience (List ID)Back to top
After activating the integration, the modal re-opens. This time, you can select a MailChimp Audience (formerly named List) from the drop-down menu next to List ID. If you only have one list, the list is selected automatically. The number displayed in brackets shows the number of email addresses that are already assigned to the list.
Map Merge TagsBack to top
Finally, you must map the Merge Tags between your booking form at Checkfront and the mailing list at Mailchimp.
If you see the message No merge tags found in your Mailchimp account, then click Update and re-open the modal to re-sync your account and the Merge Tags section displays.
The list of fields you see in the pop-up window under Merge Tags are those configured within your Checkfront account.
- Click on each drop-down menu to view a list of fields from Mailchimp.
- Select a Mailchimp field to match to the Checkfront field in focus.
- Once you've completed the mapping, click Update.
MailChimp Opt-inBack to top
That's it! The MailChimp extension is now ready to be used. A new field will be added to the end of your booking form and if checked, the Customer's email address will be added to your MailChimp database once they have completed their booking.
Sync Your Customer DetailsBack to top
To ensure that at a minimum, the Name and Email Addresses of your customers sync to your MailChimp account properly, the two booking form system fields for the Name and Email Address of your customers must be active. The two system field IDs must be customer_name and customer_email.