Plan Availability: ✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Locate: Manage > Integrations > Email > Mailchimp
- A Mailchimp account with API Keys and Merge Tags created.
- Admin permissions to manage Integrations.
- Mailchimp is available to those using items (Inventory > Items), a feature of our classic version of Checkfront.
- Interested in using Mailchimp with products (Inventory > Products)? Your account must be a member of our Early Access Program. Please reach out to Checkfront Technical Support to learn more.
Early Access Program
Find our complete set of help articles related to the Early Access Program here: Early Access Program.
Activating the Add-onBack to top
Set up and Activate and the Mailchimp integration within your Checkfront account with the following steps...
- Log into your Checkfront account.
- Go to Mailchimp within Integrations (Manage > Integrations > Mailchimp).
- Hover your mouse over the Mailchimp tile and click it to select.
- In the pop-up window, paste the API Key you created within the API Key field.
- Ignore the List ID field for now. We address this once your account is connected.
- Enter the Opt-in Label you would like to appear on your booking form. This is the text that appears next to the check-box in your booking form, which allows the Guest to opt into subscribing to your communications. You can also edit the text to suit your needs. By default, the value is Stay up to date on our newsletter.
- Check the box below the Opt-in Label, if you would like to activate the double opt-in option. If checked, then this feature requires your Customer to click on the link in a verification email to confirm their subscription to the list. This helps cut down on SPAM email addresses. The contents of the email can be edited within the Mailchimp interface.
- Click Activate to complete.
Select your Audience (List ID)Back to top
After activating the integration, the modal re-opens. This time, you can select a MailChimp Audience (formerly named List) from the drop-down menu next to List ID.
If you only have one Audience list, then the Audience list is selected automatically.
The number displayed in brackets shows the number of email addresses that are already assigned to the Audience list.
Map Merge TagsBack to top
Finally, you must map your Mailchimp Merge Tags to your Booking Form fields within Checkfront.
The list of fields you see in the pop-up window under Merge Tags are those configured within your Checkfront account (Manage > Layout > Booking Form).
- Click on each drop-down menu to view a list of fields from Mailchimp.
- Select a Mailchimp field to match to the Checkfront field in focus.
- Once you've completed the mapping, click Update.
If you see the message No merge tags found in your Mailchimp account, then click Update and re-open the modal to re-sync your account and the Merge Tags section displays.
Booking Form fields to capture the name and email address of your Customer must be active to ensure that, at a minimum, this information syncs to your MailChimp account.
MailChimp Opt-inBack to top
That's it! The MailChimp extension is now ready to be used. A new field displays at end of your booking form. If checked, then the Customer's email address is added to your MailChimp database once they have completed their booking.