Activating the Add-onBack to top
The following instructions will show you how to activate and setup the Mailchimp add-on in your Checkfront account.
1. Log into your Checkfront account, navigate to Manage > Add-ons and look for the MailChimp extension among the other Checkfront add-on tiles.
2. Hover your mouse over the MailChimp tile and click on the setup link as shown below.
3. In the pop-up window, paste the API Key you created earlier.
4. Enter the opt-in label you would like to appear on your booking form.
5. Check the box below if you would like to activate the double opt-in option. This requires the user to click on the link in a verification email to confirm their opt-in to the list. This will help cut down on SPAM email addresses. The contents of the email can be edited within the MailChimp interface.
6. Click Activate to complete.
Welcome Email:It's possible to activate a welcome email that will be sent to your customers on signup verification. Due to an API change by MailChimp, it is no longer possible to activate this feature through the Checkfront setup window. Please refer to the support document at MailChimp for instructions on how to enable/disable the welcome email.
You'll now be presented with another pop-up window. This time, you'll be able to select a mailing list from within your MailChimp account. If you only have one list, it will be selected for you automatically. The number in brackets shows the number of email addresses that are already assigned to the list.
Finally, you must map the merge tags between your booking form at Checkfront and the mailing list at MailChimp. The list of fields you see in the pop-up window are from your Checkfront account. Click on one of these to pull up a drop-down menu of fields from MailChimp. When you've completed the mapping, click Update. In the example below, the MailChimp Name field has been merged with the First Name field in Checkfront.
That's it! The MailChimp extension is now ready to be used. A new field will be added to the end of your booking form and if checked, the customer's email address will be added to your MailChimp database once they have completed their booking.
Sync Your Customer DetailsBack to top
To ensure that the name and email addresses of your customers sync to your MailChimp account properly, the two booking form system fields for the name and email address of your customers must be active. The two system field IDs must be customer_name and customer_email.