New to myallocator? Read the first article in this series for an introduction to myallocator.
✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
✓ Accommodations | X Activities | X Tours | X Rentals | X Adventures | X Escape Rooms | Learn More
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Reports > Booking Index > External Bookings
What prerequisites are there?
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new, or both?
- The myallocator integration is available to both those using items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront, and those using products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Not yet on our newest version and interested in upgrading? Please contact our Technical Support team for more information.
Discover more product-related help articles here: Products (New).
Accessing external bookingsBack to top
Once a booking has been made through myallocator, it is automatically synced to Checkfront as an external booking.
How it is handled next depends on whether your account has the auto-import feature enabled. The auto-import feature automatically imports your myallocator bookings into Checkfront, saving you the step of manually importing each booking via the External Bookings tool.
- Accounts using items only (classic version) have the option to auto-import bookings if no errors are found. You can also manually import external bookings.
- Accounts with products enabled (newest version) only use the auto-import feature. The option to manually import bookings is not visible within new external bookings. There is no need (or option) to manually import your myallocator bookings, as your bookings are automatically imported and synched!
To review your external bookings, go to Booking Index (Reports > Booking Index) and click on the External Bookings button, as shown above.
Only new bookings from myallocator sync in Checkfront under External Bookings after the integration is synched. All bookings made before the connection with Checkfront and myallocator must be manually entered into Checkfront.
Learn more about entering Staff-side bookings here:
Bookings that auto-import from myallocator automatically create using the Reserved system booking status.
It is recommended not to adjust the Reserved system booking status if you also use myallocator.
Learn more about booking statuses here:
Reviewing external bookingsBack to top
The External Bookings page lists bookings that have come in through the myallocator integration.
Select information is displayed for each record, including...
- the source of the booking (e.g. myallocator).
- the channel the booking came through (e.g. booking.com).
- the Customer's name and email address.
- the amount and currency of the booking.
- the quantity (Qty) of the booking.
- the item/product booked (Description).
- the start date and end date of the booking.
- the date modified, where applicable.
- the status of the external booking (e.g. NEW vs imported).
Bookings that have been auto-imported by-pass the NEW status and go directly to imported (✓ XXXX-######).
Viewing external booking detailsBack to top
Click on the external booking status to view the information synched from myallocator, including Order ID number from the external system.
Click on the View Booking button to open the related booking invoice in a new tab.
Importing bookings manuallyBack to top
Don't have the auto-importer enabled within your account? Then, the option to manually import your booking is visible for each booking. As mentioned above, the auto-importer is a feature of our newest version but can be enabled on your classic account if you reach out to Customer Support.
To import a new booking, start by clicking on the button under the Booking column. This opens a modal with the booking details displayed.
Verify that the booking details match the original channel booking processed and click Import Booking to proceed with the import.
Next, you can make changes to the booking details before importing the booking.
Click Add to Booking when you are satisfied with your changes.
The Next button becomes active, and you can click on this to accept the booking.
Once the booking has been imported, the Booking button displays the booking code pre-fixed by a checkmark (✓ XXXX-######). You can click on the button to view the booking details.
Once the booking has been created, the booking is considered a Staff Booking. By default, the status of the booking is set to Pending.
You can change this in System Defaults (Manage > Setup > Configuration > Staff Status). Learn more here:
Unlocking new bookingsBack to top
When new myallocator bookings come through, and myallocator is set up to automatically lock inventory (see Setup in Checkfront), the Unlock option is present on New external bookings.
This feature only applies to accounts that do not have the auto-importer enabled on their account.
The items associated with this booking are locked to prevent the items from being booked by someone else. Unlocking this booking runs the risk of creating an overbooking.
Staff should be provided with training or instructions on when or under what circumstances a new external booking should be unlocked.