Item ParametersBack to top
The options you select here define how your Checkfront item parameters map to your Viator age bands.
Checkfront allows you to create as many parameters as you need and these can be customized in whichever way you need. Viator, on the other hand, only offers a very specific set of parameters for use with their system. This could make it a little bit tricky when it comes to mapping your parameters between the two systems, depending on how complicated your Checkfront setup is.
The parameters available to you in Viator are Adult, Youth, Child, Infant, Senior. As such, you must best match your parameters in Checkfront to accommodate this. Let's look at a simple configuration in Checkfront with parameters you may well have used in your own setup. First of all, parameter mapping is achieved by clicking on the drop-down menu for each of your Checkfront parameters, as shown below:
The parameters in the drop-down menu are the Viator ones. Check off each one you wish to map to the corresponding Checkfront parameter. In some cases, you may need to map more than one Viator parameter to each Checkfront parameter.
Following, we will look at some usage examples based on the simple Checkfront parameters Qty, Adult, Child.
In this example, the Checkfront parameter Qty (quantity) is not based on any one single group of people, such as adults or children. Therefore, we must map all Viator parameters to this one.
Viator also has an Adult parameter, so this is a simple map, like-for-like.
Looking at the Viator parameters, you will see there are three which could be mapped as a child to Checkfront - Youth, Child & Infant.
So, in this case, we will select the three "child" parameters in Viator and map them to the Child parameter in Checkfront. Make sense?
Hints & Tips:
• If you cancel a booking in Checkfront, it will not be automatically cancelled in Viator. You will need to contact them directly to inform them of the change.
• If bookings are made in Checkfront, it takes time for Viator to refresh availability as Viator checks inventory at intervals.
• Checkfront is unable to collect reports on commissions or guests booked through the channel. You will need to rely on Viator for this information.
• We cannot map custom guest fields with the remarks from Viator. Due to the way in which Viator sends booking details, we are unable to sync these with individual booking form fields.
• Viator provides you with the mobile phone number of the guest, but not an email address.
• If you change a schedule or timeslot of an item, Viator will need to map this manually on their side. As a result, changes in your schedule will take a while to reflect on Viator. You must contact Viator directly and inform them of the change(s). In the meantime, you can "close" existing trips by blocking them or setting the capacity to 0.
• Items must have an inventory greater than zero in order to be successfully mapped to a Viator item.
• An item's visibility must not be set to hidden in order for it to be successfully mapped to a Viator item. This includes staff only, package only and child items.
• Viator is considered Staff in terms of Rule Sets in Checkfront. This means if you have a Rule allowing Staff to overbook that is associated with an item listed on Viator, then Viator will look to this rule to determine availability. Viator could then potentially overbook an item. If you would prefer Viator be considered a Customer in terms of Rule Sets, then please reach out to Customer Support who can enable this feature for you.