New to Slack Notifications? Read the first article in this series for an introduction to Slack Notifications.
Which plans include this feature?
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Manage > Integrations > Communication
What more do I need to use this feature?
Admin permissions to manage Integrations.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- This feature is available in both our classic version using items (Inventory > Items) and our newest version using products (Inventory > Products). → Learn more about products
Setting up in CheckfrontBack to top
- Locate the Slack Notifications tile in the Communication category or search for it, hover over it with your mouse, and click to select it. This launches the setup window, as seen above.
- Enter the Channel Name created in the previous step. Ensure you put the hashtag at the front, as this is required.
- By default, the Post new booking notifications for the following products/items: option is checked. Whenever a new booking is made, either by a Customer/Partner on the front end, or a Staff member on the back end, a notification is sent to the Slack channel for the products/items selected.
- It's also possible to send a notification when a note is added to a booking by a Staff member. If you want to activate this option, check the Post Staff Notes box.
- When ready, click the blue Activate button in the bottom right corner of the window.