Plan Availability: ✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Locate: Reports > Booking Index > External Bookings
- Admin permissions or restricted permissions to View all Reports or the Booking Index.
- Third-party channel integrations (e.g. myallocator) with external bookings.
- The Booking Index feature is available to both those using items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront, and those using products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Not yet on our newest version and interested in upgrading? Please contact our Technical Support team for more information.
Discover more product-related help articles here: Products (New).
In this article, we cover where to find external bookings for review from the Booking Index.
We also look at the manual options to import and unlock bookings for accounts that don't have the auto-import feature enabled. We discuss what this means in more detail below.
New to the Booking Index? Be sure to read the first article in this series for an introduction to this feature!
Please read the full series of articles, accessed at the side and bottom of this page, to learn more about the Booking Index.
Accessing external bookingsBack to top
Once a booking has been made through one of your third-party channels (e.g myallocator...), it is automatically synced to Checkfront as an external booking.
How it is handled next depends on whether your account has the auto-import feature enabled or not. The auto-import feature automatically imports your myallocator bookings into Checkfront, saving you the step of having to manually import each booking via the External Bookings tool.
- Accounts using items only (classic version) do not have the auto-import feature enabled by default. This means the option to manually import bookings is visible within new external bookings. Please reach out to Customer Support to learn more and have the auto-import feature enabled within your account.
- Accounts with products enabled (newest version) utilize the auto-import feature. This means the option to manually import bookings is not visible within new external bookings. There is no need (or option) to manually import your external bookings as your bookings are automatically imported and synched!
To review your external bookings, go to Booking Index (Reports > Booking Index) and click on the External Bookings button, as shown above.
Reviewing external bookingsBack to top
The External Bookings page is a list of bookings that have come in through third-party integration.
Select information is displayed for each record including...
- the source of the booking (e.g. myallocator).
- the channel the booking came through (e.g. booking.com).
- the Customer's name and email address.
- the amount and currency of the booking.
- the quantity (Qty) of the booking.
- the item/product booked (Description).
- the start date and end date of the booking.
- the date modified, where applicable.
- the status of the external booking (e.g. NEW vs imported).
Bookings that have been auto-imported by-pass the NEW status and go directly to imported (✓ XXXX-######).
Viewing external booking detailsBack to top
Click on the external booking status to view the information synched from myallocator including Order ID number from the external system.
Click on the View Booking button to open the related booking invoice in a new tab.
Importing bookings manuallyBack to top
Don't have the auto-importer enabled within your account? Then, the option to manually import your booking is visible for each booking. As mentioned above, the auto-importer is a feature of our newest version but can be enabled on your classic account if you reach out to Customer Support.
To import a new booking, start by clicking on the button under the Booking column. This opens a modal with the booking details displayed.
Verify that the booking details shown match the original channel booking processed and click Import Booking to proceed with the import.
Next, you have a chance to make any changes to the booking details before importing the booking.
Click Add to Booking when you are satisfied with your changes.
The Next button becomes active and you can click on this to accept the booking.
Once the booking has been imported, the Booking button displays the booking code pre-fixed by a checkmark (✓ XXXX-######). You can click on the button to view the booking details.
Importing external bookingsBack to top
Click Import Bookings to start the import process for any New external bookings.
You are given the option to make changes to the booking before proceeding.
Unlocking new bookingsBack to top
When new myallocator bookings come through and myallocator is set up to automatically lock inventory (see Setup in Checkfront), the Unlock option is present on New external bookings.
This feature only applies to accounts that do not have the auto-importer enabled on their account.
The items related to this booking are locked to prevent the items from being booked by someone else. Unlocking this booking runs the risk of creating an overbooking.
Staff should be provided with training or instructions on when or under what circumstances a new, external booking should be unlocked.
Updating external bookingsBack to top
|External Channel Booking Updates with myallocator
All booking edits are sent from myallocator to Checkfront; however, this only updates the 'external booking'.
If the booking has already been imported, then any changes to the external booking are not reflected in the imported Checkfront booking.
The best solution is to disable booking edits in all enabled channels in myallocator, such as Booking.com. If you proceed with this solution, then this means the Guests need to contact you directly for any changes.
Another option is to not import external bookings (under Reports > Booking Index > External Bookings) until after your Guests show up at the reception and check-in. With this solution, the items are blocked in Checkfront, even if you don't import the external bookings. However, Checkfront notifications are not sent to Guests until the booking is imported...something to consider when making your decision.
If you want to allow edits, and need to import your external bookings, then the third option would be to manually edit the Checkfront bookings when any changes are made. This is providing that you are notified (by either Booking.com or MyAllocator) that a change has been made to a booking.
After receiving such a notification, you would then need to edit the booking in Checkfront to match the changes that were made.