Plan Availability: ✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Locate: Customers > Directory
- Admin permissions or restricted permissions to View Customer List and Edit Customers.
- The Customers Directory feature is available to both those using items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront, and those using products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Not yet on our newest version and interested in upgrading? Please contact our Technical Support team for more information.
Discover more product-related help articles here: Products (New).
In this article, we look at how to access Customer Profiles for each Customer record within the Customers Directory.
New to the Customers Directory and Customer Profiles? Be sure to read the first article in this series for an introduction!
Please read the full series of articles, accessed at the side and bottom of this page, to learn more about the full capabilities of the Customers Directory and Customer Profile features.
Accessing Customer ProfilesBack to top
Clicking on a Customer's name within the Customers Directory takes you to the Customer Profile page for that Customer.
Updating Customer ProfilesBack to top
From the Customer Profile page, you can then view personal information and bookings associated with that Customer.
How do I change a Customer's password?Back to top
We advise you to have your Customers change their own passwords using the Forgot Password? feature, or by sending them a Reset Password email (see below). This ensures that only the account holder is privy to their password.
To maintain a high level of security in the account, the new password must contain...
- At least 8 characters
- At least 3 of the following:
- Lower case letters (a-z)
- Upper case letters (A-Z)
- Numbers (0-9)
- Special characters (e.g. !@3$%^&*)
Passwords must NOT contain empty spaces.
You can change a Customer's password by following these steps:
- From the Customer Profile, select the Change Password button.
- From the Change Password modal, enter a New Password, keeping in mind the above-listed requirements.
- Select Change Password when finished.
How do I have Customers reset their own passwords?Back to top
To have a Customer reset their passwords...
- Click on the Reset Password (Email) button.
- From the Reset Password modal, confirm that you want to send a reset email to the email address display.
- Click Send Reset Email to send the email.
The Customer can then follow the link in the Reset email to change their password.
In the next article within this series, we look at adding new bookings for the Customer from the Customer Profile.