Learn more about managing Customer profiles for each Customer record within the Customers Directory, including accessing profiles, learning more about profiles, updating profile information, changing passwords, and resetting passwords.
New to the Customers Directory? Read the first article in this series for an introduction to the Customers Directory feature.
Which plans include this feature?
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Customers > Directory > Customer Profile
What more do I need to use this feature?
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- This feature is available in both our classic version using items (Inventory > Items) and our newest version using products (Inventory > Products). → Learn more about products
Accessing Customer ProfilesBack to top
Clicking on a Customer's name within the Customers Directory takes you to the Customer Profile page for that Customer.
About Customer ProfilesBack to top
From the Customer Profile page, you can view and update the personal information and bookings associated with that Customer.
Updating Profile Information
You can update the profile information for the Customer, including custom fields, by editing the fields presented.
Changing PasswordsBack to top
You can follow these instructions to update a Customer's password.
How do I change a Customer's password?
We advise that you have your Customers change their passwords using the Forgot Password? feature, or that you send them a Reset Password email (see below). This ensures that only the account holder is privy to their password.
To maintain a high level of security in the account, the new password must contain...
- At least 8 characters
- At least 3 of the following:
- Lowercase letters (a-z)
- Upper case letters (A-Z)
- Numbers (0-9)
- Special characters (e.g. !@3$%^&*)
Passwords must NOT contain empty spaces.
You can change a Customer's password by following these steps:
- From the Customer Profile, select the Change Password button.
- From the Change Password modal, enter a New Password, considering the above-listed requirements.
- Select Change Password when finished.
Resetting PasswordsBack to top
You can follow these instructions to reset a Customer's password.
How do I have Customers reset their passwords?
To have a Customer reset their passwords...
- Click on the Reset Password (Email) button.
- From the Reset Password modal, confirm that you want to send a reset email to the email address displayed.
- Click Send Reset Email to send the email.
The Customer can then follow the link in the Reset email to change their password.
In the following article within this series, we look at adding new bookings for the Customer from the Customer Profile.