Learn how to export Customer records from the Customers Directory.
New to the Customers Directory? Read the first article in this series for an introduction to the Customers Directory feature.
Which plans include this feature?
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Customers > Directory > Export
What prerequisites are there?
- Admin or restricted permissions to View Customer List and Edit Customers.
- Customer records imported or added with associated booking data.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- This feature is available in both our classic version using items (Inventory > Items) and our newest version using products (Inventory > Products). → Learn more about products
Exporting Customer recordsBack to top
You can Export a report from your Customer Directory using the link in the top right corner, next to the Columns button.
The Export modal allows you to choose your preferences for the file.
Specify the name of the export file. By default, the file name is Customers. You can edit the file name by focusing on the Save as field and entering a different name.
Export report to MS Excel (XLSX), CSV (Comma-separated Value), PDF (Portable Document Format), or XML (eXtensible Markup Language).
The report can be saved to MyComputer, Email, or Google Drive.
Emailed Exports are sent as links to the files securely hosted in Google Cloud Storage.
Learn more about exporting to Google Drive here:
Choose Export Visible columns or All columns (if there are columns you have chosen to hide in the online report view).
Limit the maximum number of rows to Export (Max Rows) or Export All Rows.
Use ISO Dates allows you to choose the format of dates within the Export.
- When selected, you see the format YYYY-DD-MM, for example, 2020-06-09.
- When not selected, you see the format configured with the Date Format setting (Manage > Setup > Locale).
Currently, you cannot export the Customer Directory with two separate name fields, e.g. Customer's first name and Customer's last name.
One way this may be done is to split the single Customer name field using Microsoft Excel, or a similar spreadsheet program, after exporting.
See more about how to split fields in Microsoft Excel here: