Learn how to export Customer records from the Customers Directory.
New to the Customers Directory? Read the first article in this series for an introduction to the Customers Directory feature.
✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Customers > Directory > Export
What prerequisites are there?
- Admin permissions or restricted permissions to View Customer List and Edit Customers.
- Customer records imported or added with associated booking data.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new, or both?
- The Customers Directory feature is available to both those using items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront, and those using products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Not yet on our newest version and interested in upgrading? Please get in touch with our Technical Support team for more information.
Discover more product-related help articles here: Products (New).
Exporting Customer recordsBack to top
You can Export a report from your Customer Directory using the link in the top right corner, next to the Columns button.
The Export modal allows you to choose your preferences for the file.
Specify the name of the export file. By default, the file name is Customers. You can edit the name of the file by placing focus on the Save as field and entering a different name.
Export report to MS Excel (XLSX), CSV (Comma-separated Value), PDF (Portable Document Format), or XML (eXtensible Markup Language).
The report can be saved to MyComputer, Email, or Google Drive.
Emailed Exports are sent as links to the files securely hosted in Google Cloud Storage.
Learn more about exporting to Google Drive here:
Choose to Export Visible columns or All columns (if there are columns that you have chosen to hide in the online report view).
Choose to limit the maximum number of rows to Export (Max Rows) or Export All Rows.
Use ISO Dates allows you to choose the format of dates within the Export.
- When selected, you see the format YYYY-DD-MM, for example, 2020-06-09.
- When not selected, you see the format configured with the Date Format setting (Manage > Setup > Locale).
At this time, it is impossible to export the Customer Directory with two separate name fields, e.g. Customer's first name and Customer's last name.
One way this may be done is to split the single Customer name field using Microsoft Excel, or a similar spreadsheet program, after exporting.
See more about how to split fields in Microsoft Excel here:
< Configuring data columns for display