Learn how to permanently remove personal information from the Customer Profile when requested by the Customer or to meet privacy regulations.
New to the Customers Directory? Please read the first article in this series for an introduction to the Customers Directory feature.
Which plans include this feature?
Legacy: Soho, Pro, Plus, Enterprise, Flex
New: Starter, Growth, Managed | Learn more about our new plans or how to change your plan.
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Customers > Directory > Customer Profile
What prerequisites are there?
Admin or restricted permissions to View Customer List and Edit Customers.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new, or both?
- The Customers Directory feature is available to both those using items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront, and those using products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
With our newest version of Checkfront, we have added Products (Inventory > Products) as the successor to items (Inventory > Items).
Are you interested in migrating to our newest version? Please reach out to our Technical Support team for more information.
Redacting Customer recordsBack to top
To comply with personal privacy requests and regulations such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the European Union, you can remove all Customer information associated with a Customer Profile.
1. Start by archiving the Customer. Once archived, a new Redact Personal Information button appears at the top right of the Customer Profile page.
2. Click on the Redact Personal Information button to start the process.
Customer information redaction CANNOT be undone.
You are then presented with the Personal Information Redactor page.
3. At the top of the page is a list of all the Customer's bookings. Click on the Booking ID to access and review the associated Booking Invoice, as needed.
4. Next is a list of booking form fields and transaction information associated with the Customer. You can select the fields you need to purge. All system fields are deleted with the purge, you do not have any control over that, but custom fields can be removed.
5. Click Purge to complete the redaction process.
Deleting waivers & documentsBack to top
Do you have Waivers & Documents enabled for your account? Any waivers and documents attached to the Customer are preserved during the purge if the Waivers & Documents setting Allow Admins to Delete Documents is turned OFF. This can be confirmed by the Document Voiding status message displayed.
- Document Voiding is disabled means that the Allow Admins to Delete Documents setting is turned OFF. Waivers and documents are not included in the purge.
- Do you see the option to Delete Waivers? This means that the Allow Admins to Delete Documents setting is turned ON. Check this box to include any associated documents in the purge.
Learn more about Waiver & Document settings here:
Viewing redacted Customer Profiles and bookingsBack to top
Once the Customer Profile has been redacted, the Customer is marked as redacted throughout the system within the Booking Invoice and reports. Customer information redaction cannot be undone!
The following article in this series looks at reconciling related bookings to Customer Profiles.
< Archiving Customer Profiles | Reconciling duplicate Customer Profiles >