Creating An Item EventBack to top
Inventory StatusBack to top
You can apply a new status to your inventory based on this event. If the default status of an item (set in the inventory) is unavailable, creating a new event with the status of available will bring the specified inventory online for the date(s) specified in the event. Likewise, setting the event status to unavailable will remove items from your inventory (note this setting removes several of the following options from the event setup). See closed vs open inventories for more information.
TypeBack to top
• Seasonal: Generally used to set pricing or availability based on the time of year (e.g: peak, low, closed). Seasonal Item Events should not overlap one another.
• Special: Float on top of seasonal Item Events. These are typically used to override seasonal pricing, for example, to set a long weekend special or closure.
NameBack to top
This is the name of your event. When used to set pricing it will be displayed on the customer invoice, so give it a name that will make sense to your customers (e.g: Shoulder Season).
PriceBack to top
• Base price: Does not modify item prices.
• Create new price: Use if you would like to set a new fixed price for the event.
This will set a new price-point within your item, which can be edited in the item's Pricing tab.
• Dynamic price: A dynamic price allows you to adjust the pricing of your inventory by a varying amount. For example, you can increase the price by 25% for a specific date, or decrease the price by 25% instead. If you decrease the price, remember to include the minus (-) sign. You can make adjustments based on a percentage of the total, or a fixed amount. It is important to note that dynamic pricing will adjust the price based on your current event price, not necessarily the base rate. This means that if you have a seasonal price adjustment in effect, the dynamic price will use this, not your base price.
• Yield price: A yield price allows you to adjust the pricing of your inventory based on availability. For example, if you have 10 seats on a bus and they are all available, you may wish to charge the item base price as normal. However, as the seats start to sell, you may wish to either increase or decrease the price of the seats based on the availability left.
In the example above, the price is going to go down by 10% once there are only 5 spots left. At 2 spots left, the base price will be reduced by 15% and that increases to 20% once the inventory is down to one seat. To add more pricing thresholds, click on the blue Additional Threshold button.
To remove a threshold, click on the Trash Can button to its right.
One thing to bear in mind is that each price change is based off the base price and is not accumulative. So...
• If the base price is $10 with a threshold of 3 and a discount of -10%, then the price will be $9 ($10-10%)
• If the base price is $10 with a threshold of 2 and a discount of -20%, then the price will be $8 ($10-20%)
• If the base price is $10 with a threshold of 1 and a discount of -50% then the price will be $5 ($10-50%)
RecurrenceBack to top
Use the drop-down menu to make your selection.
• One Time Event: A one-off event that will only be active for the dates defined.
• Weekly: A recurring event based on the day of the week, active for the dates defined.
• Always: A permanent event that is not defined by date.
DatesBack to top
Start and end date of this event. You can remove the end date if not required. In the dates section, you will also see a checkbox labelled Force item length to the above start and end dates.. If selected, this means that all bookings on items attached to the event must begin and end on the dates you have chosen.
The Date fields will not be available for selection if you have chosen Always as your item event recurrence.
Applicable TimesBack to top
If any of the items included in the event are configured with timeslots, they will be posted here in the drop-down menu.
Click on the + Add Specific Timeslots button and check off all the timeslots for which you wish the event to be applied to.
You can select all timeslots, deselect all timeslots and remove times using the buttons provided.
RulesBack to top
Attach a rule set to this event. By combining rule sets with Item Events, you can create powerful inventory adjustments, specials and enforce booking policies.
Apply ToBack to top
By default, Item Events are applied globally to all items in your inventory. If you only need to apply the event to a certain category or item, select it here. To do so, uncheck All Items and Categories. This will open up a menu of all your available items. Simply check the items you wish to use.
You can quickly close off a specific date, or small series of dates, plus adjust inventory in your Inventory Calendar.