Customer Account profiles can be managed and maintained in two ways, by the Customer or by a Staff member in your organization.
Learn how Customer accounts are managed from Customer accounts, including managing bookings.
New to Customer Accounts? You can read the first article in this series for an introduction to Customer Accounts.
✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | ✓ Flex |
Manage > User Accounts > Customer Accounts
What more do I need to use this feature?
- Your Checkfront account must be enabled for Customer Logins.
- The Customer or Staff member must have created a Customer account.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- The Customer Accounts feature is available to both those using items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront, and those using products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
Products (Inventory > Products) is the successor feature to (Inventory > Items) and is available in our newest version of Checkfront.
Not yet on our newest version and interested in upgrading? Please reach out to our Technical Support team for more information.
Discover more product-related help articles here: Products (New).
Managing accounts from the Customer accountsBack to top
Customers can manage their profiles by visiting your booking page and clicking on the Log in link in the top right corner.
After successfully entering their account credentials, the Customer is logged into the account, and their name replaces the Log in link.
Clicking on the name link brings the Customer to their My Account area.
The Customer Account profile is divided into three sections - Bookings, Account, and Saved Information.
With the following articles in this series, we cover the functionality within each tab in further detail, starting with the Bookings tab below.
- Managing bookings from Customer accounts
- Cancelling bookings via Customer accounts
- Modifying bookings via Customer accounts
- Managing Customer details via Customer accounts
- Managing saved payment information via Customer accounts
Managing bookings from Customer accounts
The Bookings tab provides a list view of all the bookings associated with the Customer. Clicking on a blue link in the Booking Code column opens up that invoice for a more detailed view.
If you have opted to allow booking modifications and/or cancellations, and providing the current date is not outside the limits you configured, then additional links are visible to give access to these features.
In the following article, we look at cancelling bookings from the Customer account in more detail.
< Creating Customer accounts via Admin or Staff Accounts | Cancelling bookings via Customer accounts >