Customer Account profiles can be managed and maintained in two ways, by the Customer or by a Staff member in your organization.
Which plans include this feature?
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Profile > My Account > Bookings
What more do I need to use this feature?
- Your Checkfront account must be enabled for Customer Logins.
- The Customer or Staff member must have created a Customer account.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
- This feature is available in both our classic version using items (Inventory > Items) and our newest version using products (Inventory > Products). → Learn more about products
Managing accounts from the Customer accountsBack to top
Customers can manage their profiles by visiting your booking page and clicking on the Log in link in the top right corner.
After successfully entering their account credentials, the Customer is logged into the account, and their name replaces the Log in link.
Clicking on the name link brings the Customer to their My Account area.
The Customer Account profile is divided into three sections - Bookings, Account, and Saved Information.
With the following articles in this series, we cover the functionality within each tab in further detail, starting with the Bookings tab below.
- Managing bookings from Customer accounts
- Cancelling bookings via Customer accounts
- Modifying bookings via Customer accounts
- Managing Customer details via Customer accounts
- Managing saved payment information via Customer accounts
Managing bookings from Customer accounts
The Bookings tab provides a list view of all the bookings associated with the Customer. Clicking the Booking Code for a record opens up that invoice for a view of the associated Booking Invoice.
If you have opted to allow booking modifications and/or cancellations, and providing the current date is not outside the limits you configured, then additional links are visible to give access to these features.
In the following article, we look at cancelling bookings from the Customer account in more detail.