Plan Availability: ✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise | X Flex |
Locate: Manage > Ecommerce Setup > Payment OR Manage > Integrations > Payments
Prerequisites: Admin permissions to manage Payment Providers.
About PayPal CheckoutBack to top
"When customers use PayPal, they can skip online forms and complete their checkout in just a few taps, helping boost your sales conversion and reduce shopping cart abandonment." ~ PayPal
PayPal Checkout facilitates processing transactions through the PayPal payment interface. This means that when it comes time to make a payment, your Customer is redirected from Checkfront to PayPal and then back again once the transaction is complete.
PayPal Checkout does not include virtual terminal functionality and cannot be seamlessly integrated with the Checkfront payment page.
As such, PayPal does not allow Staff to process credit cards on behalf of your Customers, in the Checkfront admin area.
Payments can only be made via the Customer-facing booking portal.
|Does PayPal Support my Country's Currency?
While PayPal supports many global currencies, not every currency is available.
In order to process transactions, you need to set your Checkfront account to a currency accepted by PayPal.
You can double-check if your currency is supported in the documentation below:
Setting up PayPal Checkout in CheckfrontBack to top
Select PayPal Checkout, from the Payments section or search for the payment provider using the Search Integrations option at the top right of the page.
In the pop-up window for PayPal Checkout, enter the email matching the one on your PayPal account, and click Activate.
And that's it! Your PayPal Checkout payment provider is now activated, and you're ready to take payments.
Paying with PayPal CheckoutBack to top
Once PayPal Checkout is enabled. Customers are presented with the option to Checkout with PayPal in the form of a button on the Payment page.
The Customer is redirected back to Checkfront after the transaction is complete.
Testing with Sandbox ModeBack to top
PayPal Checkout sandbox mode allows you to test end-to-end transactions using the PayPal sandbox, without needing a live credit card to process.
During setup, check the Enabled sandbox (test) mode box after supplying your PayPal email address.
Remember to turn this off again when you want to start processing live transactions!
Enabling RebillingBack to top
The rebilling feature gives Staff the ability to re-charge using previously provided payment information (tokens).
To enable rebilling for PayPal Checkout, make sure you check the box when configuring the Payment Provider in Checkfront.
In addition, you must ensure you have granted API permissions in PayPal, seen below.
Finally, when a Customer makes a payment for your services, they must also check a box during checkout to authorize rebilling.
Setting up API Permissions and Third-Party Access in PayPal for RebillingBack to top
- Granting API PermissionsBack to top
1. Log in to your Paypal Business account. Click to select the Profile menu and then choose Account Settings from the dropdown menu.
3. From the Account Settings page, select Update in the API access section.
4. From the Your payment API credentials page, Select Grant API permission.
6. Next, you set the permissions for Checkfront. For normal operation, we require the following permissions to be checked:
• Use Express Checkout to process payments.
• Issue a refund for a specific transaction.
• Process your Customer's credit or debit card payments
• Authorize and capture your PayPal transactions.
• Obtain information about a single transaction.
• Charge an existing Customer based on a prior transaction.
- Managing Third-Party AccessBack to top
7. Once you've checked the relevant permissions, click the Add button underneath. You now receive a confirmation message, stating that the third-party application (Checkfront) has been successfully added.