Learn how to set inventory items available for certain dates only using item events.
Which plans include this feature?
Legacy: Soho, Pro, Plus, Enterprise, Flex
New: Starter, Growth, Managed | Learn more about our new plans or how to change your plan.
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Inventory > Items > Edit Item or Add New Item > Pricing > Create New Item Event
What more do I need to use this feature?
Admin permissions to manage inventory or restricted permissions to View Items and Manage Items.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new, or both?
- Your account must have access to items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront.
New to Checkfront - Products ✨
With our newest version of Checkfront, we have added products (Inventory > Products) as the successor to items (Inventory > Items).
Are you interested in migrating to our newest version? Please reach out to our Technical Support team for more information.
Overview (Video)Back to top
Setting up availability using seasonal item eventsBack to top
If your item is unavailable most of the time, but you have a specific date or date range that the item needs to be available, set the item to unavailable by default and then create a Seasonal type item event to make the item available for the date(s) you want.
Select Inventory from the top-left-hand menu within your account.
- Either + New Item or edit an existing item, navigating to the Pricing tab within the Item Builder/Editor. Make sure your item has been saved!
- Under Default Calendar Status choose Unavailable.
- Then, under the Item Events section, choose to Create New Item Event, and select Seasonal Item Event from the dropdown menu.
- Next, fill out the New Seasonal Item Event form, specifying Applicable Days, Start and End Dates, and Categories and/or Items and then Save your item event.
- Finally, Preview your item calendar and note that the item is only available for booking during the period you specified as a Seasonal Event!
Item events can also be viewed and created from the Item Events list (Inventory > Item Events).
Learn more about item events here:
Here is a related FAQ that you might find helpful...