Plan Availability: ✓ Soho | ✓ Pro | ✓ Plus | ✓ Enterprise
Locate: Manage > Add-ons > Productivity > Zapier
Pre-requisites: Permission to manage add-ons in Checkfront.
In this article, we will give you a brief introduction to Zapier and then walk you through how to setup the Zapier Add-on in Checkfront.
In the second article in this section, we will explain how to connect your Zapier account to Checkfront and provide you with some information on the various actions and information that are available to you in Zapier. Let's get started!
Introduction to ZapierBack to top
Zapier is a web-based service that allows Users to integrate the web applications they use and automate the things they do over and over! Their integrated apps include Google Sheets, Gmail, Slack and MailChimp just to name a few. View their full list of integrated apps here.
Zapier has named their automated, integrated tasks - Zaps! A Zap consists of a Trigger and an Action: When this happens (Trigger), do something (Action). For example, when you receive a new Gmail, save the attachments to Google Drive. Very handy!
Setup in CheckfrontBack to top
To start using Checkfront with Zapier, you will first need to enable the Zapier add-on.
- Go to Manage in the top menu and then select Add-ons from the drop-down menu.
- Next, either do a keyword search for Zapier or navigate to the Productivity section to find the add-on.
- Click the Add-on tile to initiate the setup modal for Zapier.
- Next, you will need to accept the terms and conditions of using the Zapier Add-on:
"I acknowledge that by using the Zapier add-on, customer data will be sent outside of Checkfront. I accept responsibility for the handling of this data in accordance with customer privacy regulations, including GDPR, if applicable. For more information, please review: https://zapier.com/help/gdpr/ and https://zapier.com/help/dpa/"
- The Add-on tile lists key information you will need for setting up your Zapier account. Make note of your Checkfront URL, Consumer Key (API Key) and Consumer Secret (API Secret) or keep the modal open in the browser tab, so that you can copy and paste the information into Zapier when needed!
- Add the Checkfront app to your Zapier account by accepting the invitation linked (this invitation) from the activated modal.
In the next article, we will describe how to configure Zapier to work with Checkfront. Check it out!