Read this introduction to the Zapier integration, including information on how to set up the Zapier integration in Checkfront.
To learn more about the functionality of the Zapier integration, please read the entire series of articles accessed at the side and bottom of this page.
Which plans include this feature?
Where can I find this feature using the top menu?
Manage > Integrations > Productivity > Zapier
What more do I need to use this feature?
Admin permissions to manage Integrations.
Which Checkfront version supports this feature - classic, new or both?
Your account must have access to items (Inventory > Items), a key feature of our classic version of Checkfront, to use the inventory events offered with Zapier (New Item, Item Event, and Item Event).
While inventory events are unavailable for products (Inventory > Products), a key feature of our newest version of Checkfront, you can make use of Zapier’s reporting events (New Booking, Booking Change) to connect with your accounting software, e.g., Quickbooks Online. → Learn more about products.
About ZapierBack to top
Zapier is a web-based service that enables Operators to integrate the web applications they use and repeatedly automate what they do! Their integrated apps include Google Sheets, Gmail, Slack and MailChimp, just to name a few. View their full list of integrated apps here.
Zapier has named their automated, integrated tasks - Zaps! A Zap workflow consists of a trigger and an action - when this happens (trigger), do something (action).
Integration OverviewBack to top
At present, the Checkfront and Zapier integration is a one-way line of communication with select triggers sending select data from Checkfront to Zapier. The list of available triggers, actions, and data is documented in the next article in this series: Zapier: Setup in Zapier.
Learn more about the benefits of the Checkfront and Zapier integration here:
Setup in CheckfrontBack to top
- Go to Manage in the top menu and select Integrations from the drop-down menu.
- Enter Zapier in the Search Integrations field or browse the Productivity category to find the integration listing.
- Click the Integration tile to open the setup modal for Zapier.
- Next, read and accept the terms and conditions of using the Zapier integration.
"I acknowledge that by using the Zapier Integration, customer data will be sent outside of Checkfront. I accept responsibility for the handling of this data in accordance with customer privacy regulations, including GDPR, if applicable. For more information, please review: https://zapier.com/help/gdpr/ and https://zapier.com/help/dpa/"
- Click Activate to enable the integration.
- The Add-on Setup modal refreshes to display key information you need for setting up your Zapier account. Make note of your Checkfront URL, Consumer Key (API Key) and Consumer Secret (API Secret), or keep the modal open in the browser tab so that you can copy and paste the information into Zapier when needed (see the next article in this series).
- Add the Checkfront app to your Zapier account by accepting the invitation linked (this invitation) from the activated modal.
The next article describes how to configure Zapier to work with Checkfront.